Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst . 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 . LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G13: Louisiana 19, App State 30

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Did anyone really think we were "there" yet?
    This

Default Re: Championship Thread: Louisiana vs App State

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Nobody is personally attacking Nunez, he plays a position that draws criticism. Just in this case, it was a somewhat poor performance and most can see it. He had some good plays, but you can't win on just a few good plays.
    I’m not saying the guy is the next Montana. He’s a marginal D1 quarterback at best.

But what speaks volumes is he’s apparently the best we’ve got, thanks to HUD.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    Y’all. Based on the last few years we had no business being in the championship game. I had fun today. We didn’t win but we did what we needed to do to put ourselves in a position to. We lost, but I am happy with what our coaching staff and players have done this season. I am proud of this team.
    I am proud of our team also. Geaux UL!

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Not great. So what? I just disagree with the piling on.

All this game proved is how far we’ve come and how far we’ve yet to go.
    You said that to lay this game at Nunez’s feet means you must be football ignorant. Then put up Nunez’s season stats coming in to prove this loss wasn’t his fault, which makes no sense. His stats today, for the biggest game of the year, stunk.

It’s not piling on to say we were good QB play away today from winning. Everyone else played well enough to win.

I agree with your last sentence wholeheartedly FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Btw, the espn broadcast was excellent. Top notch. Was very complimentary of our staff, program and future. This is still a great day for our football program. Louisiana all day long.
    Definitely. Being on ESPN was great and it was an exciting game. Should be good for brand and recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    You said that to lay this game at Nunez's feet means you must be football ignorant. Then put up Nunez's season stats coming in to prove this loss wasn't his fault, which makes no sense. His stats today, for the biggest game of the year, stunk.

It's not piling on to say we were good QB play away today from winning. Everyone else played well enough to win.

I agree with your last sentence wholeheartedly FWIW.
    I like the kid a lot. He went through an awful lot just to get to this position, with limited mobility and a limited arm. I like his attitude. He never gives up, he's tough, and he plays hard through everything. And you're right, if we have a Zac Thomas as qb, this offense would be dangerous. Just really disappointed for Nunez and the team.

That said, this team has come so, so far from last year. It’s just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    I like the kid a lot. He went through an awful lot just to get to this position, with limited mobility and a limited arm. I like his attitude. He never gives up, he’s tough, and he plays hard through everything. And you’re right, if we have a Zac Thomas as qb, this offense would be dangerous. Just really disappointed for Nunez and the team.
    I’m with you there.

I don’t know about y’all but how about our defense as of late. Roberts has done a lot with not much on that side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    I don’t know about y’all but how about our defense as of late. Roberts has done a lot with not much on that side of the ball.
    The defense played outstanding today (except for the drop), they have certainly improved over the course of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    It’s phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Excellent deflection
    It’s not a deflection.it’s called being a mature adult.Bill acknowledged the stats weren’t good today

Good showing on espn helps the brand grow.

Team will be much improved next year with a D1 QB and linebackers

Neither starting quarterbacks lit it up today. Cool and raining the majority of the game dictated a lot of this. During halftime, the announcers stated we held a dozen balls in the locker room for the second half, only using six in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Good showing on espn helps the brand grow.

Team will be much improved next year with a D1 QB and linebackers
    %100

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Exactly. I like Nunez. He is a great kid and hard worker. I am proud to have him represent Louisiana.

However, he is just not good enough for championship football. Lewis isn’t either. Napier used everything he could to cover up our QB deficiencies. If we get a QB with talent I would love to see how Napier’s offense evolves.
    This

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst . 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 . LastLast

Thread Information