Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst . 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 . LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G13: Louisiana 19, App State 30

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Nunez going into this game:

164-249
    19 TDs, 10 INT
    2,051 yards

His two worst games were against App State, which is probably a statement of how good their defense is.

All you who want to lay this at his feet need to learn a bit more about football.
    You need to learn a little more about football if you think Nunez wasn’t the problem.

Default Re: Championship Thread: Louisiana vs App State

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I know enough about football to know that statistics don't tell the whole story. Nunez did not show up for the championship game. He made a couple of good third down throws but hamstringed our offense.

Since stats mean everything to you, what were Nunez's stats today?
    Yes. everyone knows Nunez is an average Sun Belt, please let Napier & Co. recruit.
    BIG PICTURE

I know enough about football to know that statistics don’t tell the whole story. Nunez did not show up for the championship game. He made a couple of good third down throws but hamstringed our offense.

Since stats mean everything to you, what were Nunez’s stats today?
    +1000

Nunez going into this game:

164-249
    19 TDs, 10 INT
    2,051 yards

His two worst games were against App State, which is probably a statement of how good their defense is.

All you who want to lay this at his feet need to
    learn a bit more about football.
    The decision making today by him was terrible is nothing to do with apps defense

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Questionable play calling and didn't use Rogers at tight end. If I remember correctly, only 1 incomplete pass to a tight end. Napier is a good coach, but I hope he hires an OC next year. And please sign a QB.
    I know, it's frustrating to not pass to Rogers, or anyone else for that matter, but we can't. Not very effectively anyway, and he knows this all too well. He will get us a QB and in 2 to 3 years, we will have an offense that can do both, imo.

I know enough about football to know that statistics don’t tell the whole story. Nunez did not show up for the championship game. He made a couple of good third down throws but hamstringed our offense.

Since stats mean everything to you, what were Nunez’s stats today?
    Not great. So what? I just disagree with the piling on.

All this game proved is how far we’ve come and how far we’ve yet to go.

7. Default Re: Championship Thread: Louisiana vs App State

I love this team. This season was awesome to watch. We’ve come lightyears from 2017.

Proud of the effort. Proud to be a Ragin Cajun today.

First class build up to the championship game by the SBC and Benson. Credit where credit is due.

Here we come Orlando. Plan accordingly. And by that I mean, don’t run out of beer.

Excellent deflection

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    You need to learn a little more about football if you think Nunez wasn't the problem.
    Prove that putting Lewis in would've made any difference. You honestly think it would’ve?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    Yes. everyone knows Nunez is an average Sun Belt, please let Napier & Co. recruit.
    BIG PICTURE
    Exactly. I like Nunez. He is a great kid and hard worker. I am proud to have him represent Louisiana.

However, he is just not good enough for championship football. Lewis isn’t either. Napier used everything he could to cover up our QB deficiencies. If we get a QB with talent I would love to see how Napier’s offense evolves.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I know, it's frustrating to not pass to Rogers, or anyone else for that matter, but we can't. Not very effectively anyway, and he knows this all too well. He will get us a QB and in 2 to 3 years, we will have an offense that can do both, imo.
    Barnes, Lumpkin and Rogers open all game long. Whether the Nunez didn’t read it or we were on a one read schedule, ridiculous to waste that portion of the offense.

Y’all. Based on the last few years we had no business being in the championship game. I had fun today. We didn’t win but we did what we needed to do to put ourselves in a position to. We lost, but I am happy with what our coaching staff and players have done this season. I am proud of this team.

Nobody is personally attacking Nunez, he plays a position that draws criticism. Just in this case, it was a somewhat poor performance and most can see it. He had some good plays, but you can't win on just a few good plays.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    Y’all. Based on the last few years we had no business being in the championship game. I had fun today. We didn’t win but we did what we needed to do to put ourselves in a position to. We lost, but I am happy with what our coaching staff and players have done this season. I am proud of this team.
    Btw, the espn broadcast was excellent. Top notch. Was very complimentary of our staff, program and future. This is still a great day for our football program. Louisiana all day long.

Prove that putting Lewis in would've made any difference. You honestly think it would’ve?
    He surely couldn’t have done worse. He gives us the option to use his legs at the very least.

Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst . 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 . LastLast

Thread Information