Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: O'Cyrus Torrence

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Torrence commits to Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Well there is your answer to the 1/4 million dollar question.

3. Default Re: O’Cyrus Torrence portals out

Former Louisiana offensive lineman O'Cyrus Torrence has enrolled at Florida.

4. Default Advertiser O'Cyrus Torrence becomes third former Louisiana football player joining Napier at F

Offensive lineman O'Cyrus Torrence is the third former Ragin' Cajuns football player to joining Billy Napier at Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Highest bid $$$$$$

Default Re: O’Cyrus Torrence portals out

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    It's retarded. Let's say a school or booster would be willing to pay that amount, but said player gets hurt or just doesn't pan out. Will they come calling for that money back?
    This won't end well.
    I can tell you when & how this is all gonna end. If it ends there. It's gonna end when a player in the locker room of a college football team ends up shooting one or more of his teammates over money talk. Young hot headed previously poor men plus insane amounts of money is a sure fire recipe for disaster. Does anyone remember the Baylor basketball team? That situation is destined to repeat itself many times over at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I can tell you when & how this is all gonna end. If it ends there. It's gonna end when a player in the locker room of a college football team ends up shooting one or more of his teammates over money talk. Young hot headed previously poor men plus insane amounts of money is a sure fire recipe for disaster. Does anyone remember the Baylor basketball team? That situation is destined to repeat itself many times over at this rate.
    Huh

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Huh
    Glad I'm not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one
    What, the only one thinking there won't be any problems in the locker room when some guys are getting paid big bucks and others are not?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    What, the only one thinking there won't be any problems in the locker room when some guys are getting paid big bucks and others are not?
    No one is saying it may not cause probably but do we have to go straight to locker room shootings???

No one is saying it may not cause probably but do we have to go straight to locker room shootings???
    Right, that was an opinion I don't agree with but there will be problems and those can escalate.

It will happen

Default Re: O’Cyrus Torrence Portalets out to Un Flushed

I wouldn’t go nuclear option, but I could see where flaunting a NIL deal could lead to a missed block, divided locker room and such.

Baylor was an outlier, not the norm. Killing your teammate isn’t a normal thing, much less anyone else.

What happens when a player receiving NIL gets injured or a starter is relegated to 2nd string? Is their NIL reduced?

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    What happens when a player receiving NIL gets injured or a starter is relegated to 2nd string? Is their NIL reduced?
    That's all between the player and the booster/entity paying the money. Sounds like something that would be written into a contract if it needs to be a stipulation. I guess same if a booster/entity would want payments to discontinue upon an athlete possibly becoming academically ineligible for a season or being suspended by the coach for a game.

Hrm.so seems like the athletes and/or their families might want to hire legal representation for these matters, and possibly someone to advise on tax implications.

Again, neither of which is something the universities should feel a need to get involved in.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information