Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: MBB G7 Final: Louisiana 77, UNO 73

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Scottie played well most of night. First half saw UNO have most intensity they will have all year. Of course they could not maintain that and it was still disappointing the Cajunsd did not have proper focus resulting in so many turnovers. When they got that under control they got back in game. UNO did play very aggressively on defense. Marcus Stroman was pumped on every possession all night long with few calls. He must need an ice bath when he gets home. Also good to see Russell come up big late in game after struggling early. Same for Miller and Davis. Davis three in OT may be biggest shot of career so far. UNO did have miore people than I expected as crowd was probably over 500 and we had about 50. Hopefully winning a tough road game will help us in tight spots once conference play starts.

Like I said I’m just happy to get out of there with a win. It doesn’t matter how good we are or how bad they are it is never easy to win in lakefront.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Just wondering how Scotty and the STM kid playedthey must have been pumped.any other UL/Laf connections?
    Who is STM kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Who is STM kid?
    I think he’s confusing UNO with McNeese.

Default Re: MBB G7 Preview: Louisiana at New Orleans

That was the best $6.95 spent for a game in a while. Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    It doesn’t matter how good we are or how bad they are it is never easy to win in lakefront.
    Yeah, I think of watching those games over there when Tim Floyd was coaching UNO.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    I think biggest issue is Marlin not bringing in a true backup 5. We can't afford to not have the presence of Gant on the court. And what's even more concerning is, we have yet to sign a big to replace him for next season.
    Not true. Jalen Johnson who is the St.Louis transfer has been recruited to play inside next year. He is not the rim protector Gant is. However he is a better shooter and rebounder. Nice stroke for a left hander. They are looking for more inside guys to sign in spring recruiting.

7. UL Basketball Re: MBB G7 Preview: Louisiana at New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I'm sure Plaisance is enjoying this.
    He ended up with 9 3/11 his average of around ten points. His fouls per minute way down. At the end of the day we're better of without him. He's not bad, but after all 5 year senior.

It was a nice team win. It seemed like they were finding a new way to turn the ball over each trip down the court in the first half but they regained their composure well after that. P.J. Had a really nice game for the first time in a while. Davis and Russell hit those big shots in OT, and Russell was able to get to the line and score. Miller was big down the stretch too, he was scoreless with 4 fouls when he came in late in regulation and had that and 1 and then the sky hook. I was impressed with the crowd as well, lots of students and they were into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Yeah, I think of watching those games over there when Tim Floyd was coaching UNO.
    Same here. Crazy how they used to have 7-10k there. Now they’re lucky to get 500

10. Default Re: MBB G7 Preview: Louisiana at New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That would explain Scottie with only three fouls.
    So would Scotty start/play much for ul

11. Default Re: MBB G7 Preview: Louisiana at New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    It was a nice team win. It seemed like they were finding a new way to turn the ball over each trip down the court in the first half but they regained their composure well after that. P.J. Had a really nice game for the first time in a while. Davis and Russell hit those big shots in OT, and Russell was able to get to the line and score. Miller was big down the stretch too, he was scoreless with 4 fouls when he came in late in regulation and had that and 1 and then the sky hook. I was impressed with the crowd as well, lots of students and they were into it.
    IMO the reason we won the game was PJ Hardy on both ends of the court. He provided the Stove energy boost in the second half. Also Miller played really great once he got 4 fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Same here. Crazy how they used to have 7-10k there. Now they’re lucky to get 500
    Pelicans had a home game tonight. If you are a basketball fan and not connected to UNO you went there. Also, the only time they had those big crowds mentioned is when they played us where we had almost half the crowd Other than that, 4000 was a great crowd for them in those days. However, Lakefront is an arena where it seems a few people can make a lot of noise which fires their team up easily.

13. Default Re: MBB G7 Preview: Louisiana at New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I think he’s confusing UNO with McNeese.
    Thanks BeauMcN.his grandma lives a. Block over and wasn't too happy about the UtEP deal and now ul!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    IMO the reason we won the game was PJ Hardy on both ends of the court. He provided the Stove energy boost in the second half. Also Miller played really great once he got 4 fouls.
    Agree with PJ bringing energy. How many of us thought Justin’s hook shot late in regulation had a chance to drop. Played string music with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    So would Scotty start/play much for ul
    He would be our first big off the bench. He probably would get over 10 minutes and more in some games depending on matchups. He has improved greatly since leaving UL. However had he not transferred he would have finished last year.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information