Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: SBC Bowl Placement

Default SBC Bowl Placement

In the past I have seen other conferences (CUSA, MAC) put out list stating if Team A wins the championship game all teams will be places here and if Team B wins all teams will go there.

I know this is the first year of a championship game but do you think the SBC will do something like this?

2. Default Re: SBC Bowl Placement

They did a few weeks ago for the NOLA Bowl.

Not for the rest.

I believe.

Default Re: SBC Bowl Placement

Asked and answered.
    “With this announcement and the guarantee that the winner of the Championship Game will play in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, our other bowl partners can begin the process of selecting the teams that are the best fit for them,” said Benson. “We believe we will have some very positive outcomes with these selections.”

https://sunbeltsports.org/news/2018/.cure-bowl.aspx

Cure Bowl in Orlando if we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlum10 View Post
    Cure Bowl in Orlando if we lose.
    That would seen strange to me when there are two bowls within driving distance in Alabama and teams closer to Orlando.

Sun Belt announced a little while ago that runner up will go to Cure Bowl

$70 direct flights from Lafayette to Orlando!

Our conference is so backwards sometimes. They decide to announce the locations of both the champion and runner-up at the very last minute. They couldn't announce this back at their Media Day this past July?

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    That would seen strange to me when there are two bowls within driving distance in Alabama and teams closer to Orlando.
    Fly by night chicken ____ conference?

I prefer Orlando over Mobile ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. As long as the opponent will actually be an AAC team like it’s supposed to be. There are literally zero MAC teams that move the needle for me as options in Mobile.

This is more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlum10 View Post
    I prefer Orlando over Mobile ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. As long as the opponent will actually be an AAC team like it’s supposed to be. There are literally zero MAC teams that move the needle for me as options in Mobile.

This is more exciting.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by oldwiseone33 View Post
    $70 direct flights from Lafayette to Orlando!
    That's a one way fare and Frontier charges a lot of fees. Total charges for a roundtrip is more likely to be $250, which still isn't bad.

13. Default Re: SBC Bowl Placement

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    That's a one way fare and Frontier charges a lot of fees. Total charges for a roundtrip is more likely to be $250, which still isn't bad.
    As usual, you are wrong. We just got back from the Mouse 2 weeks ago, flying LFT to MCO. With bag fees, seat upgrades, taxes, etc it was less than $700 for 4 of us.

For you booze hounds, there's no drink maximum on frontier flights, so pick a seat by the can and throw em back. 1.5 hours of bliss.

Guessing Temple will be the opponent. Was hoping for an opponent in our recruiting footprint, but very beatable.

Very outside shot at Tulane.

15. Default Re: SBC Bowl Placement

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Guessing Temple will be the opponent. Was hoping for an opponent in our recruiting footprint, but very beatable.

Very outside shot at Tulane.
    South Florida Bulls

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information