Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

1. UL Football Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Major Cajun Field renovation () is a high priority for Maggard.

Two options tied to renovation of the stadium’s upper deck also were developed as part of the original masterplan, both calling for complete replacement replete with an eight-story press box facility and new premium seating.

2. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

The entire upper deck needs to come down.

Then and only then, begin thinking about what needs to happen next.

Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Those of us sitting up there will suffer. Hopefully they keep a few seats up their for us pofolks.

We just need about 15 rows of seats in the upper deck. But have matching ones and please for God’s sake a huge canopy.

Didn’t look like any plans were revealed, even though that’s what the headline reads

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Those of us sitting up there will suffer. Hopefully they keep a few seats up their for us pofolks.
    I was hoping there would be reserved seating in the new upper deck too. Last I heard (obviously not final) was there wouldn’t be seating other than club/suite seating with the new construction.
    That definitely displaces several with reserved seats (mine included). But we need to get rid of the excess GA seats up there and make the seating/atmosphere more conducive for rowdy environment!

This is literally the same thing Buckley wrote when the survey went out No new information

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    This is literally the same thing Buckley wrote when the survey went out No new information
    Yeah this is probably Maggard trying to keep the "upgrade" plans fresh in people's minds, hoping we can steal a win in Boone and have a quality bowl appearance. then he can justify asking people for more money and/or raising more prices

Remove upper deck, replace with nice press box + suites (indoor/outdoor seating). Focus on the terrace that surrounds Cajun Field. Maybe make the entirety of the terrace covered (in an aesthetically pleasing way). It'd be a place that people could mingle, watch the game, buy drinks. The terrace is where they can get that "tailgate" within the game concept they floated around in the fan survey.

Turning the entire terrace into a bar/tailgate area wouldn't satisfy the "premium" options ($$$$) the AD office is seeking, but maybe amenities such as drink delivery or sealed-off "clubs" with further amenities like TVs, waitress service, etc. could be provided.

I dunno, this has all been discussed ad nauseum, but it's a topic I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Yeah this is probably Maggard trying to keep the "upgrade" plans fresh in people's minds, hoping we can steal a win in Boone and have a quality bowl appearance. then he can justify asking people for more money and/or raising more prices
    Adding value, not increasing prices

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Upper deck as in sections EE FF DD CC BB AA maybe. UA UB UC UD UE UF should absolutely stay.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Upper deck as in sections EE FF DD CC BB AA maybe. UA UB UC UD UE UF should absolutely stay.
    I agree. I'm in UD1 and we'd like to keep our seats. We're a group of 17.

Cincinnati Bearcats should be our blue print think this will satisfy everyone! Include a canopy around the entire bowl to keep the sun and rain off the fans, and keep in the crowd noise.

14. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Cincinnati Bearcats should be our blue print think this will satisfy everyone! Not to much seating to the upper deck.

From this picture it is not very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    From this picture it is not very impressive.
    Don't want to think about expansion but if we did we could always do what they did add a small top deck to the visitor side. Here is what I would want as far as a canopy.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information