Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

1. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I wouldn't say we'd never need more than 30k seats...I could envision the perfect storm season and selling out for a season or 2...that never part would come into affect for need of +30k seats for consecutive yearS....
    So we going to build it for one season or 2?

Yokal is right. Build the best 30,000 seat stadium with opportunity to add 5,000 or so and charge what the market will bare.

Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

This is my ideal Cajun Field, We redo the press box and upper deck first, then if we have to, then we make improvements to the stadium, for example bringing everything to code, and adding a canopy around the stadium, then if we need to we add seats to the NEZ, and if we need more seating after that we add a small top deck to the visitor side. We always have the option to expand if need be

Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So we going to build it for one season or 2?

Yokal is right. Build the best 30,000 seat stadium with opportunity to add 5,000 or so and charge what the market will bare.
    No, I am in agreeance with you and Yokal...as in, I wouldn’t say never would there be a need for +30k seats...just that the need wouldn’t last long...therefore no need to accommodate +30k for 1 or 2 seasons like you say

I will throw one even better, tell me something like this would not improve the look and feel of Cajun Field?

Maybe we could consider a fabric awning around the stadium. This seems to be the new trend. It's a lot more cost effective than metal. Lots of stadium set up lighting to reflect off of the awning. We could have a red glow along the top of Cajun Field on game days. I also like what FSU did with the spears to add a little character to the awnings. We could use a fleur de lis the same way FSU used the spear to accent the roof line.

There are a lot of interesting ideas here.

But it's reality time.

We won't be able to do anything right now that costs more than $25 million. And, I think that's stretching it.

We might be able to get the west side done for that. The west tower is the biggest priority IMO.

The AD is on BEV Thursday. This will be a topic of conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I will throw one even better, tell me something like this would not improve the look and feel of Cajun Field?
    That would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    There are a lot of interesting ideas here.

But it's reality time.

We won't be able to do anything right now that costs more than $25 million. And, I think that's stretching it.

We might be able to get the west side done for that. The west tower is the biggest priority IMO.

The AD is on BEV Thursday. This will be a topic of conversation.
    Just fix the pressbox everything else can wait .... It hurts my eyes every time I travel down Congress

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Just fix the pressbox everything else can wait .... It hurts my eyes every time I travel down Congress
    I agree. Every time I look at the current pressbox, all I see is this:

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Hahahaha....well played

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Maybe we could consider a fabric awning around the stadium. This seems to be the new trend. It's a lot more cost effective than metal. Lots of stadium set up lighting to reflect off of the awning. We could have a red glow along the top of Cajun Field on game days. I also like what FSU did with the spears to add a little character to the awnings. We could use a fleur de lis the same way FSU used the spear to accent the roof line.
    The fabric awning is definitely better than nothing. But I’m pretty sure it won’t do much to trap in the noise, and I wonder how much it really does to help reduce the temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Excellent post. For most of my life I just hated the one-sided look of it....a casual person driving by would have no idea that there is a whole other stadium not in view....now, it is not only the one-sided part that is an issue, but that one-side is a dump.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I wonder how much it really does to help reduce the temperature.
    Ever sat under a beach umbrella?

I don't like the fabric idea because you know we won't want to or have the money to replace it whe it looks crappy in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    The fabric awning is definitely better than nothing. But I’m pretty sure it won’t do much to trap in the noise, and I wonder how much it really does to help reduce the temperature.
    It does a tremendous job with temperature and shade. I've been to FC Dallas games and sat under the awning. Its significantly cooler as compared to the uncovered seats. It also does a really good job of keeping you dry in the rain.

The retractable portion of AT&T Stadium (Cowboy Stadium) is covered with the same material. If it's good enough for Jerry, it's good enough for me. LOL!

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information