Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I agree. UL would never do something that is attractive, relatively inexpensive, provides shade and some weather protection for fans and holds crowd noise in to make the crowd seem louder. It just makes too much sense.
    It’s been done at both the Tigue and Lamson Park, so I wouldn’t totally rule it out

At what point and where will you get/need shade? And how often? Once a decade? Every 20 years?

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    It’s been done at both the Tigue and Lamson Park, so I wouldn’t totally rule it out
    I could see it over the new press box area but not around the whole stadium like some are suggesting

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    I could see it over the new press box area but not around the whole stadium like some are suggesting
    Outside of the handful of terrible 2pm kickoff games we've had, a canopy over the home side would provide shade to the east side during the setting sun we have for the majority of home games.

5. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    Outside of the handful of terrible 2pm kickoff games we've had, a canopy over the home side would provide shade to the east side during the setting sun we have for the majority of home games.
    I am not a biggie on the stadium deal being a sine qua non, but admit it would help the overall image (I have always thought the photo of a packed house against Southern or McN to be the best recruiting facility tool).I like the Bowl with new Press box and suites, but allow it to be later joined with a peripheral structure with rest, offices, etc!.Btw with the baseball situation and overall money situation, I don’t see the COX building going away soonbecause of this, we need to window dress this situation very soon.not knowing the real situation, this is just my band aid solution!

The stadium doesn’t provide shade now, something needs to be built in the corner that has some height

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    The stadium doesn’t provide shade now, something needs to be built in the corner that has some height
    If it was something that overhung the bottom level more and brought it closer to the field it would me more effective than the current upper deck and press box.

If it was something that overhung the bottom level more and brought it closer to the field it would me more effective than the current upper deck and press box.
    That’s not where the sun sets and we rarely have 11am or 2pm games. An over hang on the west side will do nothing for the sun on the east side. Only think that will is something in the corner that blocks it. It sets over SLCC

This is what the canopy does provide for

Bleachers- can benefit from shade structures is through providing a cool, comfortable place for spectators to watch athletes play. Shade structures can be custom built to fit over existing bleachers to improve the look and feel of them.

Concessions – Not only will shade canopies help increase the attractiveness of concession areas but it will also provide a comfortable place for people to enjoy their snacks or drinks

Sound ( Century Link Stadium)- The main thing that creates noise is any type of overhanging structure that reflects sounds back into the stadium. Seattle’s stadium has two additional overhangs, functioning as the bottom of the upper seating bowl, that cover the lower seating bowls. “Sound also reflects off the bottom of the upper deck, and back onto the field,” says Barnard.

The curves on these canopies are also key. “They are large parabolas,” says Bill Stewart, managing partner at SSA Acoustics, which is based in Seattle. Stewart was responsible for measuring the record-setting noise on Sunday night. “The curvature and angles of the canopies act to focus the sound energy onto the playing field, producing higher noise levels.”

These physics also change behavior. “Fans get caught up in it,” says Stewart. “They experience an intense increase in the sound levels that they would not normally experience in an outdoor environment, and are energized by it.” As a result, they scream even louder.

10. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    This is what the canopy does provide for

Bleachers- can benefit from shade structures is through providing a cool, comfortable place for spectators to watch athletes play. Shade structures can be custom built to fit over existing bleachers to improve the look and feel of them.

Concessions – Not only will shade canopies help increase the attractiveness of concession areas but it will also provide a comfortable place for people to enjoy their snacks or drinks

Sound ( Century Link Stadium)- The main thing that creates noise is any type of overhanging structure that reflects sounds back into the stadium. Seattle’s stadium has two additional overhangs, functioning as the bottom of the upper seating bowl, that cover the lower seating bowls. “Sound also reflects off the bottom of the upper deck, and back onto the field,” says Barnard.

The curves on these canopies are also key. “They are large parabolas,” says Bill Stewart, managing partner at SSA Acoustics, which is based in Seattle. Stewart was responsible for measuring the record-setting noise on Sunday night. “The curvature and angles of the canopies act to focus the sound energy onto the playing field, producing higher noise levels.”

These physics also change behavior. “Fans get caught up in it,” says Stewart. “They experience an intense increase in the sound levels that they would not normally experience in an outdoor environment, and are energized by it.” As a result, they scream even louder.
    So we’ve got half a billion dollars for the renovation.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So we’ve got half a billion dollars for the renovation.
    We don’t need something crazy! All we need is a overhang. We can put overhangs for relatively cheap that wouldn’t be to far out of our budget range. I can show something that would be relatively cheap to do.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I agree. UL would never do something that is attractive, relatively inexpensive, provides shade and some weather protection for fans and holds crowd noise in to make the crowd seem louder. It just makes too much sense.
    We don't even own the proverbial pot.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    That’s not where the sun sets and we rarely have 11am or 2pm games. An over hang on the west side will do nothing for the sun on the east side. Only think that will is something in the corner that blocks it. It sets over SLCC
    We'll likely never get to see any type of overhang and it's effects on the east side. I'm under the overhang on the west side so weather currently doesn't bother me in the least. Hopefully any reno doesn't affect that.

So we've got half a billion dollars for the renovation.
    We could do something like this for relatively cheap

So we've got half a billion dollars for the renovation.
    This is St. Mary’s Stadium which is Southampton FC’s stadium. The entire stadium cost them a little over $42,000,000 when they built it in 2001. So that’s about $65 million today.

There are many stadiums built similar to this one in the Premier League since teams in England don’t get massive government subsidies for their stadiums like they do here. In these stadiums there are canopies that cover every seat. It isn’t fancy, but it gets the job done. We can accomplish this without having to break the bank.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread Information