Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    It will absolutely be done in "phases." But let's be honest about what "phases" means. They will do a stripped down 1st phase press box, and they will do nothing else for at least another 20 years.

So if by instant gratification you mean completing this thing before half of us are dead, then yeah, I guess we do want instant gratification.
    I know for a fact I will not be around to see completion, whatever that might be. Possible not even starting the project. 93 in ten years so if it is complete in ten maybe my son's can wheel me there and hold my head up so as to see the field of playwhere is Warren Buffet when we need him.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Honestly. I think most fans don't really care about all of the bells and whistles of a new stadium. The eyesore/pressbox must be replaced. Maybe throw in a few suites for the revenue. Some new restrooms would be nice. Get the rest of the place up to code.

Nothing else really needs to be done.
    This! I agree 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    If they pay for it, I'm in.
    Please don’t give that self-absorbed attention _____ McKernnan any ideas. We see so much of him driving on interstates in Louisiana, it’s embarrassing for the whole state.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We need to build actual luxury suites and quit f:cking up the stadium.
    I am wary that there is even a market for that. We can't put 20,000 on average in our stadium but we are going to sell premium luxury suites? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I know for a fact I will not be around to see completion, whatever that might be. Possible not even starting the project. 93 in ten years so if it is complete in ten maybe my son's can wheel me there and hold my head up so as to see the field of playwhere is Warren Buffet when we need him.
    Don’t worry, you’ll be able to buy one of those nice, climate controlled suites and watch from there.

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Pretty much agree. Phases: (1) Demo and rebuild press box and suites. Having a club level there really shouldn’t cost that much more in the grand scheme. Do it right “structurally”.
    (2). Re-do seats on lower west side to meet code requirements. I suspect the lower concourse could be done at same time.
    I don’t have numbers in front of me, but I thought the upper deck sat between 5-8 thousand. South end zone captures those seats to keep us around 30-32 thousand. We’d lose a few more seats when lower west side is redone down the road.

Just get on with it already!
    If that's the case, the athletic department or RCAF should be at least soft selling future revenue generating west side suites and stadium club vision to determine depth of interest. The survey conducted last year gauged interest somewhat but that's not the same as direct marketing to businesses and individuals. We won't know what's possible if we don't even try to employ a highly visible marketing strategy to fund future growth.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I am wary that there is even a market for that. We can't put 20,000 on average in our stadium but we are going to sell premium luxury suites? I don't think so.
    I’m more confident we could sell every luxury suite we build than put 36k people in the stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    If that's the case, the athletic department or RCAF should be at least soft selling future revenue generating west side suites and stadium club vision to determine depth of interest. The survey conducted last year gauged interest somewhat but that's not the same as direct marketing to businesses and individuals. We won't know what's possible if we don't even try to employ a highly visible marketing strategy to fund future growth.
    Well, I have zero inside info. Was just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I’m more confident we could sell every luxury suite we build than put 36k people in the stadium
    Do the price of those suites include the $10 parking?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I'm more confident we could sell every luxury suite we build than put 36k people in the stadium
    I agree based on our past 3-4 years. But, have to wonder what it will be like if/when Napier takes us to 9-10+ win seasons, conference championships and significant bowl wins. We saw the early excitement under HUD's initial success. We can surpass that under Napier. People will support not just winning, but one that is a top 25 program. We achieve that and see where this program goes. The ground work is being laid.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    When I win that massive PowerBall jackpot.one day, I’m building us a state of the art domed stadium with A/C. It’ll be the best thing in the G5 for sure
    I was going to do that also, but with a soccer type stadium. Yours is sooo much nicer!

Need to purchase some mega millions as well to increase your chances on winning. Might not be able to give the full 70 million, but maybe throw 10 mil towards MooreCajun Field.

CajunDreDog Stadium might have a better ring to it

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I agree based on our past 3-4 years. But, have to wonder what it will be like if/when Napier takes us to 9-10+ win seasons, conference championships and significant bowl wins. We saw the early excitement under HUD's initial success. We can surpass that under Napier. People will support not just winning, but one that is a top 25 program. We achieve that and see where this program goes. The ground work is being laid.
    I’ve never been in a packed stadium and thought, man I wish more people were here. I’ve sat in several empty ones and thought wow nobody is here.

I don't envy the administration on this project! We have a venue that only makes $ 5-6 times/yr. Making it more multifunctional to bring in additional events makes sense; but that takes a lot more capital investment. Like many have already stated, phases, and likely small ones is the way ahead. Slow and painful! A solid 2-3 years of successful football will make it more palatable, and hopefully bring in resources needed to keep moving forward. But Phase 1 needs to get moving soonest! Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    I don't envy the administration on this project! We have a venue that only makes $ 5-6 times/yr. Making it more multifunctional to bring in additional events makes sense; but that takes a lot more capital investment. Like many have already stated, phases, and likely small ones is the way ahead. Slow and painful! A solid 2-3 years of successful football will make it more palatable, and hopefully bring in resources needed to keep moving forward. But Phase 1 needs to get moving soonest! Fingers crossed!
    Fans wanting immediate progress is how we ended up with the SEZ.do it right

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information