Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Whoevers idea it was to do baseball, softball, track and soccer before football should have their toenails pulled off one by one with a pair of pliers.
    You sound like Ray.

Donor: I want to give UL Baseball $5M to get started on a new stadium.

Ray: The way this works is you give us the money and we'll tell you how we'll use it.

Donor: Uhhhhh, no thanks. I think I'll donate to another school.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    I guess you'll have to pull the toenails off of donors who decided to personally fund baseball and softball renovations.
    Exactly. And it is my understanding that T&F/soccer had major Title IX concerns that had to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    You sound like Ray.

Donor: I want to give UL Baseball $5M to get started on a new stadium.

Ray: The way this works is you give us the money and we'll tell you how we'll use it.

4. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Whoevers idea it was to do baseball, softball, track and soccer before football should have their toenails pulled off one by one with a pair of pliers.
    This comment fits half your name. Don’t do the projects you have outside support for because outside support was not available for football.

We need a generous billionaire to fall in love with UL and move here. We'll have the absolute worst stadium in D-1 football before we get a new one. Thank goodness for ULM is all I have to say.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This comment fits half your name. Don’t do the projects you have outside support for because outside support was not available for football.
    My understanding was that Russo made a 5M donation for the baseball stadium and the rest was funded by Rcaf and bonds because we wouldn’t start on stadium until the 5M was marched and it never was even though Farmer said it was. If the baseball stadium cost 15m total then it would be nice to have that extra 10 for the football stadium and to tell Russo we couldn’t do the baseball stadium at this time unless he wanted to double his investment because we were wanting to use the rcaf money for football renovations

If I’m wrong correct me, cause this is just what I heard

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    I guess you'll have to pull the toenails off of donors who decided to personally fund baseball and softball renovations.
    Hopefully another company needs to laundry stolen funds real soon

The football stadium could be funded by blood diamonds IDC just get it done

8. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    My understanding was that Russo made a 5M donation for the baseball stadium and the rest was funded by Rcaf and bonds because we wouldn’t start on stadium until the 5M was marched and it never was even though Farmer said it was. If the baseball stadium cost 15m total then it would be nice to have that extra 10 for the football stadium and to tell Russo we couldn’t do the baseball stadium at this time unless he wanted to double his investment because we were wanting to use the rcaf money for football renovations

I’m not sure what the exact facts are, but it’s not those. While there was no other money as big as Russo’s available for baseball, there was a substantial amount of committed money over and above Russo. The problem came in when Russo’s money plus the additional money was not enough to fund the entire project. They were not able to get started until the difference was funded through a loan. So, without the seed money, there would have been no loan. I don’t think the loan is as high as $10mm. Either way, you don’t just get to move the money borrowed to another project if you don’t do baseball.

Yep. Just like Ray.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Yep. Just like Ray.

That is not my opinion just what I was told and like I said it could be wrong

I do think we shouldn’t have put rcaf money or whatever towards a baseball stadium before the football stadium was renovated. That was a bad decision

The original budget was for a $10 million facility. Dr. Savoie gave Farmer the green light on any project once he had 50% of the budget pledged. That's why the Russo's agreed to the $5 million donation. Obviously, the cost ballooned to around $17 million and we didn't have that amount stored up anywhere, which led to the delays in construction.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Russo stadium will be paid off before you see anything to do with this.
    Pull up the state audit of the department and check out the bond schedule. The realities of it all is quite an eye opener. I'll leave it to everyone to form their own opinion.

Erect a statue of Ray among the rubble ruins of Cajun Field, with inscription
    "Never has one man done so little with so much from so few"

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Pull up the state audit of the department and check out the bond schedule. The realities of it all is quite an eye opener. I'll leave it to everyone to form their own opinion.
    wow

15. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Can you post a link?

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information