Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I hope you are not still paying for those season tickets, because that expenditure will FAIL to get you anything. If you don't think it failed, you must have some of MAT's blinders on.
    OK Vic, I will sit back and listen to your explanation on how the TEAM failed and not the LEAGUE. I am sure you will make sense like your first sentence above.

2. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    OK Vic, I will sit back and listen to your explanation on how the TEAM failed and not the LEAGUE. I am sure you will make sense like your first sentence above.
    I don't care that much. All I know is that my buddy that used this as his ticket to get out of the rat race of practicing law is back practicing law.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I don't care that much. All I know is that my buddy that used this as his ticket to get out of the rat race of practicing law is back practicing law.
    Just because your buddy failed (made a bad investment) doesn't mean the team failed. I thoroughly enjoyed the indoor game. Air conditioned sports during the summer with adult beverages . perfect for Lafayette; and an exciting game.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for your buddy but that was an investment issue not a team issue. Unfortunately the league closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Esports for everyone no more physical activity
    it's a brave new world

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Just because your buddy failed (made a bad investment) doesn't mean the team failed. I thoroughly enjoyed the indoor game. Air conditioned sports during the summer with adult beverages . perfect for Lafayette; and an exciting game.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for your buddy but that was an investment issue not a team issue. Unfortunately the league closed down.
    That's alright MC, I almost got an explanation on the team failing and not the leagueYes it was a great atmosphere to say the least. I think the tickets were something like $4. like $45 a season.

6. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post

This is a rather Moore-onic analysis, but OK.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I'd prefer watching paint dry over watching soccer. That being said, I do believe that overall interest in college football is on the decline. Young people are just not as into it as we were. UL has waited too long to get serious about a football program. That window of opportunity closed on us about 30 years ago. That's when the powers that be at UL threw in the towel as far as football is concerned.

Refurbish Cajun Field into a state of the art stadium that seats 30,000. That's all we'll ever need.

It will end up around 36,000 and no, the door is not completely closed yet. But this is our last chance and it's tougher because you are correct about our past history of neglect.

Any update that anyone knows about?!

Quote Originally Posted by KragincajunS10 View Post
    We heard the final draft would be released over 6 months ago . This ain't getting done anytime soon

I suspect Maggard is running into the same economic realities his predecessors faced. I don’t care who you are. It is not going to be easy to find funding for a project that big.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I suspect Maggard is running into the same economic realities his predecessors faced. I don’t care who you are. It is not going to be easy to find funding for a project that big.
    We have to get Corporate donations anything other than that this project will never get off the ground

Quote Originally Posted by KragincajunS10 View Post
    Russo stadium will be paid off before you see anything to do with this.

Whoevers idea it was to do baseball, softball, track and soccer before football should have their toenails pulled off one by one with a pair of pliers.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Whoevers idea it was to do baseball, softball, track and soccer before football should have their toenails pulled off one by one with a pair of pliers.
    I guess you'll have to pull the toenails off of donors who decided to personally fund baseball and softball renovations.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread Information