Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Is Cajun Field large enough for soccer?
    Yes

2. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    My estimation is any construction will fall in similar bounds of Steve Oubre's original Master Plan idea of making the whole area a multipurpose zone. Living, recreating, and sports all in one area. With stadium upgrade costs, if you're working with a $100M a year athletic budget you're golden, but at our level you need to make a facility or area usable for more than 6 times a year. JMO
    where can this be found? Was that not how Tiger Stadium was built and funded back in the day - they built dorms around a stadium. Very Creative funding.

Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Is Cajun Field large enough for soccer?
    Found this on line from an question about FIFA fields.

4. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    where can this be found? Was that not how Tiger Stadium was built and funded back in the day - they built dorms around a stadium. Very Creative funding.
    Statewide Coca-Cola tax just for LSU

NCAA requirements below

1.1 Dimensions 1.1.1 The field of play shall be rectangular, the width of which shall not be more than 75 yards [68.58 m] or less than 70 yards [64.01 m] and shall not exceed the length. The length shall not be more than 120 yards [109.73 m] or less than 115 yards [105.16 m].

Not sure you could get the 70 yd width at Cajunfield. You are talking about 25 feet additional space on each sideline and still have room for benches/warmup areas.

6. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Statewide Coca-Cola tax just for LSU
    Before the 80's a tax on Coca-Cola was probably good. These days, a tax on bottled water would probably bring in more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    NCAA requirements below

1.1 Dimensions 1.1.1 The field of play shall be rectangular, the width of which shall not be more than 75 yards [68.58 m] or less than 70 yards [64.01 m] and shall not exceed the length. The length shall not be more than 120 yards [109.73 m] or less than 115 yards [105.16 m].

Not sure you could get the 70 yd width at Cajunfield. You are talking about 25 feet additional space on each sideline and still have room for benches/warmup areas.
    Have you seen European football stadiums? Fans are right on top of the pitch. You need very little space on the sidelines

NCAA requirements below

So FIFA's requirements are smaller than the NCAA's?

The old McNaspy Stadium had dorm rooms under the stadium section. The rooms were awful. The logo for stadium dorm was a toilet plunger. You can guess why. The residents were called the "Stadium Studs" and they wore living in that dump with pride. I guess it had it's advantages, kind of hard to mess up a dump.

Given that it was an on campus stadium it was a great use of the space. There is a huge volume of space under the upper deck of cajun field that is basically wasted. They could have office space, living space, storage space or media production space. Placing additional structure under the existing upper deck would help support the upper deck and any changes that may be made on the seating side of the structure. Obviously the concourse on the upper and lower deck needs to be upgraded because it is pretty "bleak" now and is in need of an upgrade. What they do is a function of money I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    So FIFA's requirements are smaller than the NCAA's?
    It is my understanding that FIFA and other bodies keep the requirements pretty open so as to allow more participation but ultimately you won't be seeing a Premier team playing on one of the small or odd size fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Have you seen European football stadiums? Fans are right on top of the pitch. You need very little space on the sidelines
    Missing the point. I'm talking about actual playing surface. I have serious doubts that you could extend the current playing surface another 25 feet on each side without running into some literal obstacles.

Missing the point. I'm talking about actual playing surface. I have serious doubts that you could extend the current playing surface another 25 feet on each side without running into some literal obstacles.
    I understand. I'm assuming that would be taken care of with the multi-million dollar investment of renovation. Feild surfaces are easily changed

Again. You must not watch European football. There is literally 5-10 feet between field of play and stands

Again. You must not watch European football. There is literally 5-10 feet between field of play and stands
    Watch plenty of it. This literally isn't worth arguing over.

FYI

This is America.

This is a pitch

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information