Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    How in the hell do you expect our cross country runners to train for races in Boone?? That’s the only mountain in Acadiana!
    They could run up and down the Vermilion Parrish dump. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Going to include a picture because it helps me picture it. We would just have the lower bowl, and a small upper deck blend in with the lower bowl all the way around with the press box and suites going all the way around Cajun Field! Include the canopy then I say we got a winner.

My only concern is that since our stadium is dug in that the structure would not be high enough to block the sun.

Student section looks full.imagine dat

3. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    From what I hear the numbers they are throwing around in the planning meetings are much, much higher than $50mm.

I have no friggin' idea how they are going to get that money though.

This is what I would like our stadium to look like. This is South Louisiana. If we are going to do this first class, IT MUST HAVE A ROOF. A roof will keep fans dry, keep them cool in the summer heat, and trap in noise. A crowd of 15,000 will sound like a crowd of 25,000. This has to be part of the plans.
    MMT - Maggard Money Tree. Every time I think he has got to be about out of money, something else pops up - this month the turfing of softball.

Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

From what I hear the numbers they are throwing around in the planning meetings are much, much higher than $50mm.

This is what I would like our stadium to look like. This is South Louisiana. If we are going to do this first class, IT MUST HAVE A ROOF. A roof will keep fans dry, keep them cool in the summer heat, and trap in noise. A crowd of 15,000 will sound like a crowd of 25,000. This has to be part of the plans.
    That’s a damn beautiful stadium. If we had anything close to that it would be great

I think we could do something like this, and for cheap, just don’t add the top deck to the visitor side, but keep the canopy, a small upper deck on the home side is the way to go. I like the look!

We could always add a small upper deck to the visitor side if need be.

Checkout dukes stadium renovations. I like what they did. Also always liked Maryland’s home side. Basically remove upper deck and build a 4-5 story building where it was.

This is why you hire a top notch CFO. There are many financing vehicles out there to take advantage of, but you need to have contacts, credibility & rock-solid accounting books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I think we could do something like this, and for cheap, just don't add the top deck to the visitor side, but keep the canopy, a small upper deck on the home side is the way to go. I like the look!

We could always add a small upper deck to the visitor side if need be.
    Like the stadium picture. Needs to include bowling the NEZ.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Now we just have to find our own T Boy Pickens and we’ll be all set
    We need a T-Boone. We already have a T-Boy

10. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    We need a T-Boone. We already have a T-Boy
    Fresh PICKINS Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The entire upper deck needs to come down.

Then and only then, begin thinking about what needs to happen next.
    With the type of attendance we've had, we don't need an upper deck.

12. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    With the type of attendance we've had, we don't need an upper deck.
    Whose we? Doesn't Nech or LSU already have an upper deck??

My estimation is any construction will fall in similar bounds of Steve Oubre's original Master Plan idea of making the whole area a multipurpose zone. Living, recreating, and sports all in one area. With stadium upgrade costs, if you're working with a $100M a year athletic budget you're golden, but at our level you need to make a facility or area usable for more than 6 times a year. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    My estimation is any construction will fall in similar bounds of Steve Oubre's original Master Plan idea of making the whole area a multipurpose zone. Living, recreating, and sports all in one area. With stadium upgrade costs, if you're working with a $100M a year athletic budget you're golden, but at our level you need to make a facility or area usable for more than 6 times a year. JMO
    I agree. We need to somehow aquire a USL soccer franchise in Lafayette. FC Louisiana with Vermillion and White as the colors. Perfect fit

15. Alumni Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Is Cajun Field large enough for soccer?

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information