Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

1. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

If we are going to spend $50mm plus, it really needs to have a WOW factor.

2. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Upper deck as in sections EE FF DD CC BB AA maybe. UA UB UC UD UE UF should absolutely stay.
    Is UA-F structurally independent AND self sufficient?

Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Tear down upper deck and build mini version of Oklahoma State, plenty of premium seatingthe design would block the setting sun and everyone would be on top of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Tear down upper deck and build mini version of Oklahoma State, plenty of premium seatingthe design would block the setting sun and everyone would be on top of the field.
    Yup. Then add the video board that’s 40 yards wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Is UA-F structurally independent AND self sufficient?
    No

Going to include a picture because it helps me picture it. We would just have the lower bowl, and a small upper deck blend in with the lower bowl all the way around with the press box and suites going all the way around Cajun Field! Include the canopy then I say we got a winner.

My only concern is that since our stadium is dug in that the structure would not be high enough to block the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Going to include a picture because it helps me picture it, so you would just have the lower bowl, and a small upper deck blend in with the lower bowl all the way around, with suites going around Cajun Field! Include the canopy all the way around then I say we got a winner.

Now we just have to find our own T Boy Pickens and we’ll be all set

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Now we just have to find our own T Boy Pickens and we’ll be all set
    I don’t think this is unreasonable plan, you would have a lot of revenue being produced and you would be including all levels of boosters because the different locations would be sold at different levels. You could house the athletic department and have several club areas that people in the stands could purchase passes to. The structure is much easier to build on the concourse than what it cost to build up. This also IMO would put us around the 32k’sh seating which is plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Going to include a picture because it helps me picture it. We would just have the lower bowl, and a small upper deck blend in with the lower bowl all the way around with the press box and suites going all the way around Cajun Field! Include the canopy then I say we got a winner.

My only concern is that since our stadium is dug in that the structure would not be high enough to block the sun.

Imagine if the current video board was in the corner instead of the end zoneor they could be creative right there in that corneranything would be better than nothingyou would be surprised how much faster the sun would set behind 2 stories of building. You just need to block it when it’s brutally blinding at sunset. Also we would have no “upper deck”. The current balcony would become the balcony of the new patio suites

10. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Imagine if the current video board was in the corner instead of the end zoneor they could be creative right there in that corneranything would be better than nothingyou would be surprised how much faster the sun would set behind 2 stories of building. You just need to block it when it's brutally blinding at sunset.
    And the canopy should help also.

Imagine if the current video board was in the corner instead of the end zoneor they could be creative right there in that corneranything would be better than nothingyou would be surprised how much faster the sun would set behind 2 stories of building. You just need to block it when it’s brutally blinding at sunset. Also we would have no “upper deck”. The current balcony would become the balcony of the new patio suites
    I like this idea a lot and you can root the top and have it as an open air standing room only/tailgating area.

Quote Originally Posted by mgv6260 View Post
    I like this idea a lot and you can root the top and have it as an open air standing room only/tailgating area.
    It works great in jerry world and gives people who are price conscious an option to go or people who don’t mind an SRO atmosphere.

We could build a cheaper version of what we are talking about. I am picturing something like this. The stands would be higher, and suites and press box would be bigger. We could just add 15 rows extra up on the home side

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We just need about 15 rows of seats in the upper deck.
    How in the hell do you expect our cross country runners to train for races in Boone?? That’s the only mountain in Acadiana!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    If we are going to spend $50mm plus, it really needs to have a WOW factor.
    From what I hear the numbers they are throwing around in the planning meetings are much, much higher than $50mm.

I have no friggin' idea how they are going to get that money though.

This is what I would like our stadium to look like. This is South Louisiana. If we are going to do this first class, IT MUST HAVE A ROOF. A roof will keep fans dry, keep them cool in the summer heat, and trap in noise. A crowd of 15,000 will sound like a crowd of 25,000. This has to be part of the plans.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information