Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22

Thread: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    The stadium will be somewhere between 30 to 35 thousand
    Perfect.

From Wikipedia:
    Stadium Capacity-

38,016- Marshall
    36,900- Louisiana
    36,387- Boise
    36,800- Nevada
    36,000- So. Miss
    35,117- Washington St.
    34,000- Navy
    32,480- Wyoming
    32,000- SMU
    31,500- Wake Forest

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    From Wikipedia:
    Stadium Capacity-

38,016- Marshall
    36,900- Louisiana
    36,387- Boise
    36,800- Nevada
    36,000- So. Miss
    35,117- Washington St.
    34,000- Navy
    32,480- Wyoming
    32,000- SMU
    31,500- Wake Forest
    That's plenty of capacity for every one of these schools. A crowd of 20K in most of these stadiums will look respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    That's plenty of capacity for every one of these schools. A crowd of 20K in most of these stadiums will look respectable.
    25k in a 35k stadium looks pretty full because people spread out

As has been said many times herebowl the stadium, tear down the upper deck, build a pressbox/suite/office complex and call it good around 36K

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    25k in a 35k stadium looks pretty full because people spread out

As has been said many times herebowl the stadium, tear down the upper deck, build a pressbox/suite/office complex and call it good around 36K
    That is the perfect stadium for us. And In the East side of the stadium and NEZ, continue the look of the concession and bathroom that is in the SEZ so it wraps around to give it a more symmetrical look. Then, as the Cox Building is demolished, build a Square in its place that includes a smaller version of the FDL fountain that is in the Quadrangle on campus, tying the athletic and academic campuses together and giving the whole athletic complex a finished look.

I think the public square with the FDL should be more visible. For example, it could be in front of Cajun Field or in between the football and baseball stadium, but not off in a corner by the APC. I do agree with demolition of the Cox building.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I think the public square with the FDL should be more visible. For example, it could be in front of Cajun Field or in between the football and baseball stadium, but not off in a corner by the APC. I do agree with demolition of the Cox building.
    With the Cox building gone, it would be between the football and baseball stadiums

I understand the concept SF proposed, but I believe a more visible sports quad from Bertrand would be better.

I understand the concept SF proposed, but I believe a more visible sports quad from Bertrand would be better.
    That whole dumpy parking lot / athletic campus needs to be beautified. It's embarrassingly ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    That whole dumpy parking lot / athletic campus needs to be beautified. It's embarrassingly ugly.
    This is what I would do! I would put 2 or 3 parking towers on the Congress side of Cajun Field. Put a big square with a fountain, stage and tailgate area right in front of Cajun Field.

It would attract more people inside the Pressbox and Suites area with restaurants and shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    This is what I would do! I would put 2 or 3 parking towers on the Congress side of Cajun Field. Put a big square with a fountain, stage and tailgate area right in front of Cajun Field.

It would attract more people inside the Pressbox and Suites area with restaurants and shops.
    I like that idea. I would build student housing at the corner of Congress and Bertrand with shops and restaurants. I'd section off the large open area on the westside with tree-lined, landscaped roads separating multiple parking areas. I'd also tear down the chain link fence and replace it with a short brick wall.

12. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

I'm for a secluded Swamp where Cox is.

Come out of the tunnel and cross a bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm for a secluded Swamp where Cox is.

Come out of the tunnel and cross a bridge.
    Where we can put Louis and Anna in the secluded swamp! Where we have our live mascots. Easier to march them out on game days!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22

Thread Information