Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    So, why don't we all get together and build a multi-billion $ corporation. Then we'll be good.

Who's in with me? I'll provide administrative support.
    just start up something and hopefully, Amazon or Google buys it .boom billion dollars

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The upper deck with be torn down. At that point, we would build the new press boxes and suites on the top of West side stretching from N to S. Some of it could be prefabbed off site.
    Interesting comment about some of the structure being prefabricated. Definitely possible.
    For anyone who’s visited the San Antonio Riverwalk —- the Hilton Palacio del Rio hotel was constructed for the 1968 World’s Fair utilizing modular construction techniques. 500 rooms and 21 stories! Might be a good way to tackle the press box/suite structure, and likely save a bunch of construction funding. 🧐

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Interesting comment about some of the structure being prefabricated. Definitely possible.
    For anyone who’s visited the San Antonio Riverwalk —- the Hilton Palacio del Rio hotel was constructed for the 1968 World’s Fair utilizing modular construction techniques. 500 rooms and 21 stories! Might be a good way to tackle the press box/suite structure, and likely save a bunch of construction funding. 🧐
    Ark State prefabbed some their new press box construction. It's a smart thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Didn't you know we have a deal in the works with Porsche??

(Some out there will find this post extremely hilarious, for good reason)
    Was that with the Porsche Cayenne? What about the GMC Acadian? Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The upper deck with be torn down. At that point, we would build the new press boxes and suites on the top of West side stretching from N to S. Some of it could be prefabbed off site.
    Will we still be able to redo the west side lower bowl at a later date? It really needs a remodel too. The rows are so close together and hard to move around in. Or would the lower west side have to be done at the same time, making the project cost skyrocket? If it can be split up then i’m fine with it. If not, then tear the whole thing down and redo it.

OK. Who else had a chance to listen to the interview today?? I listened as much as able while at work. What I gleamed: priorities. West pressbox and suites. North end zone. Not bowling it in, but perhaps a section on the NW end to mirror east side seating. Would help with lost seating from old upper deck. Also, possibly creating a tunnel on north to get equipment on/off the field for events. Then East side, but most likely just fixing infrastructure problems like drainage, etc.
    No real timeline, but understands it needs to be very soon. Thought I heard him State they were looking at 3 different potential plans.

Did he mention the possibility of putting a canopy over the finished product? Something similar to the Stadium of light, perhaps?

Attached Images Attached Images    

How cool would this look coming down Congress

Attached Images Attached Images  

That would look very nice. But no real details mentioned. Definitely didn’t hear anything about canopies.

I don’t see any canopy as financially feasible simply because of cost vs actual number of times needed in a year.

I didn’t even realize we had one, but Acadiana has a Woman’s football team called the Acadiana Zydeco, well we were looking for other things for Cajun Field to host well here is one.

Summary of what I heard on the interview.
    Phase 1, tear down the west side, put up a tower for the press box, suites and offices for the Athletic department thus enabling the tear down of Cox.
    Complete the NW corner to make it symmetrical.
    North end zone, construct a tunnel for 18 wheelers thus giving the ability to have concerts. Also replace the scoreboard and sound system.
    East side, some cosmetic changes to give a different look.

Later phases to repair East side utilities, and structural capability to be able to add capacity to that side if needed.

Timing: still waiting for cost estimates of 3 proposals before deciding on one and an announcement.

Am I the only one who thinks adding to the NW seats for symmetrical reasons is a huge waste?it’s not like we’re on prime time national television every week with overhead cameras showing the stadium

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks adding to the NW seats for symmetrical reasons is a huge waste?it's not like we're on prime time national television every week with overhead cameras showing the stadium
    Well, it's also for lost seating from tearing down the upper deck.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread Information