Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

1. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Excellent post. For most of my life I just hated the one-sided look of ita casual person driving by would have no idea that there is a whole other stadium not in viewnow, it is not only the one-sided part that is an issue, but that one-side is a dump.
    A driver-by should see no upper deck but have a glimpse of the action on the big screen.

Enticement

Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Just fix the pressbox everything else can wait It hurts my eyes every time I travel down Congress
    What was the cost of the SEZ project? I seem to recall about $2.5M. Would it cost about the same for a similar NEZ project? What would it cost to extend the look of the concessions & restrooms to behind the east side of the stadium and give the stadium a nice symmetrical look? Do that as we tear down the upper deck and press box. We will need that seating once the upper deck is removed and will give us a bowled stadium instead of the unfinished and unappealing look we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    What was the cost of the SEZ project? I seem to recall about $2.5M. Would it cost about the same for a similar NEZ project? What would it cost to extend the look of the concessions & restrooms to behind the east side of the stadium and give the stadium a beautiful symmetrical look? Do that as we tear down the upper deck and press box. We will need that seating once the upper floor is removed and will give us a bowled stadium instead of the unfinished and unappealing look we have now.
    I think Horseshoe style stadiums are fantastic and could leave the NEZ just grass. Right now you don't need to make up those seat in the upper deck so you are looking at a max capacity around 35k.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    What was the cost of the SEZ project? I seem to recall about $2.5M. Would it cost about the same for a similar NEZ project? What would it cost to extend the look of the concessions & restrooms to behind the east side of the stadium and give the stadium a nice symmetrical look? Do that as we tear down the upper deck and press box. We will need that seating once the upper deck is removed and will give us a bowled stadium instead of the unfinished and unappealing look we have now.
    Just my opinion, but I believe we already have adequate seating to accommodate fans while upper deck gets demolished. Should still be over 30,000 without adding more at this time. Do agree it would be a good add if we get to the point of CONSISTENTLY filling the stadium.
    Hope to be able to listen in Thursday on BEV since this should be a topic.

Wouldn't the pressbox have to be part of the upper deck reconstruction? So is just re-building the pressbox an option when you plan on tearing the upper deck down?

How about doing the upper deck in phases?

Phase 1 between the35 yard lines to include much of the press box.

Phase 2/3 from the 35s to the north/south endzones, with additional press box area and suites.

And suites on the east side. Assuming they are condtioned, the elements shouldn't be an issue.

It's nice to be talking about renovations and what we need and don't need. The bigger question at this time is, "how much money is currently available for use on this project"? Until that is known, we have no idea what is possible or not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Wouldn't the pressbox have to be part of the upper deck reconstruction? So is just re-building the pressbox an option when you plan on tearing the upper deck down?

How about doing the upper deck in phases?

Phase 1 between the35 yard lines to include much of the press box.

Phase 2/3 from the 35s to the north/south endzones, with additional press box area and suites.

And suites on the east side. Assuming they are condtioned, the elements shouldn't be an issue.
    The upper deck with be torn down. At that point, we would build the new press boxes and suites on the top of West side stretching from N to S. Some of it could be prefabbed off site.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    It's nice to be talking about renovations and what we need and don't need. The bigger question at this time is, "how much money is currently available for use on this project"? Until that is known, we have no idea what is possible or not possible.
    We have about 0% to -10% of the total funds needed for this project. That's why corporate sponsorship is so very important

We have about 0% to -10% of the total funds needed for this project. That's why corporate sponsorship is so very important
    So, why don't we all get together and build a multi-billion $ corporation. Then we'll be good.

Who's in with me? I'll provide administrative support.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The upper deck with be torn down. At that point, we would build the new press boxes and suites on the top of West side stretching from N to S. Some of it could be prefabbed off site.
    So no upper deck? Or would the press box/suites component be stand alone (and elevate above the lower deck), and the upper deck eventually be built around it?

That's why corporate sponsorship is so very important
    Luckily we have Jim Harris errrrr

Someone out there trying to acquire that corporate sponsorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    So no upper deck? Or would the press box/suites component be stand alone (and elevate above the lower deck), and the upper deck eventually be built around it?
    No upper deck as per Maggard, see SMU or Rice for a similar look.

If we are not putting an upper deck then the picture with the overhang and canopy is the way to go. Do what Houston Cajun talked about and bowl it in.

14. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Luckily we have Jim Harris errrrr

Someone out there trying to acquire that corporate sponsorship.
    Didn't you know we have a deal in the works with Porsche??

(Some out there will find this post extremely hilarious, for good reason)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Didn't you know we have a deal in the works with Porsche??

(Some out there will find this post extremely hilarious, for good reason)
    👍🏻🤪

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread Information