Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

We honestly don't need an upper deck besides suites and maybe club seating. if they don't want to try and fit club seating into the lower bowl.

According to this old master plan we currently have 28,308 seats in the lower bowl. If we build a new press box with ~2,000 or so suites and club seats, that gets us to 30,000 which is exactly where we need to be in the near term. If more than 30k want to come to a game, the ones who didn't buy season tickets can sit in the damn grass and think about how nice it would be to buy season tickets next year.

If we become the next Boise St. we can still fill in the lower bowl cheaply which means adding in another 5,904 seats. This brings our total with premium seating to ~36,000.

I guess most are satisfied with 30+k seating and hope we don't get so good in football that another 10-15K fans want to come see UL football. Let's hope they don't come up with the funds and plans to build 50K seating.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I guess most are satisfied with 30+k seating and hope we don't get so good in football that another 10-15K fans want to come see UL football. Let's hope they don't come up with the funds and plans to build 50K seating.
    Well, I’m one for filling up 30-35,000, rather than having 15-20,000 empty seats! We need this community and student body to embrace this team. I’d much rather see people scratching to find a way into a sold out Cajun Field than being unable to GIVE AWAY tickets. 😎

You want 30k packed every game and hope more want in, supply and demand. Hard to charge premium prices to get in an empty stadium. Sold out 30k stadium is an awesome atmosphere unlike 30k in a 45k seat stadium

I'd rather have 10-15K wanting to get it. That's how you can justify raising ticket prices and generating more revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    You want 30k packed every game and hope more want in, supply and demand. Hard to charge premium prices to get in an empty stadium. Sold out 30k stadium is an awesome atmosphere unlike 30k in a 45k seat stadium
    This! If we win, tickets become premium when we play good programs. As long as it's built for future expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post

We honestly don't need an upper deck besides suites and maybe club seating. if they don't want to try and fit club seating into the lower bowl.

According to this old master plan we currently have 28,308 seats in the lower bowl. If we build a new press box with ~2,000 or so suites and club seats, that gets us to 30,000 which is exactly where we need to be in the near term. If more than 30k want to come to a game, the ones who didn't buy season tickets can sit in the damn grass and think about how nice it would be to buy season tickets next year.

If we become the next Boise St. we can still fill in the lower bowl cheaply which means adding in another 5,904 seats. This brings our total with premium seating to ~36,000.
    Very reasonable approach, and if we can't do this we need to pretty much give up on the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    I'd rather have 10-15K wanting to get it. That's how you can justify raising ticket prices and generating more revenue.
    Oh, rather raise price than have the option of selling more tickets when seats are available. All of you will have a hard time getting hired with a growing company that want to increase their inventory by adding on more squares feet because their sales are growing.

Oh, rather raise price than have the option of selling more tickets when seats are available. All of you will have a hard time getting hired with a growing company that want to increase their inventory by adding on more squares feet because their sales are growing.
    We have the ability to sell more tickets now and no one is buying them.

Why didn’t the company just build that extra square footage from the beginning? Because they didn’t need it. We are sitting on tons of non moving inventory.

Many of us on here will not be around to see what we hope this program can become. I want to see positive progress, progress with an eye on the future. We simply can’t afford to do much of it at a single time. Phases is what we will have to enjoy. We have one of the worst FB stadiums in FBS! We need to move out on that now to position ourselves for future opportunities. Hope I’m still capable of driving in to see the progress someday .

Boise state expanded their stadium to 36k.they were planning another expansion but decided to upgrade the stadium instead of expand. The G5 gold standard has 36k capacity. We don’t need a bigger stadium with declining attendance trends.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Very reasonable approach, and if we can't do this we need to pretty much give up on the whole thing.
    I don't know if the current height levels of the west side would need to change, but redoing the seating to create proper aisle & seat widths makes sense to me. I think that would be better money spent than the NEZ or seating in any form of upper deck.

14. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

I think a lot of the delay (and this is true for the past 10 years) is our money managers asking themselves if the juice is worth the squeeze. If we miss this next realignment window, we will be so drastically marginalized, it would actually end up being a net loss for the university to invest in big time facilities.

If you look around the country, attendance and TV ratings are down for sports across the board, but collegiate sports are particularly trending downward. In fact, the only demo still
    propping up big NFL numbers is the betting public.

I can definitely see a scenario where, in a macro sense, we’ve missed the big opportunity. The bell curve has run its course. At this point, it might be about maximizing our lot in life and finding a way to survive, efficiently.

Bowl in the bottom, tear down the top and build suites and patio boxes length of the field and a press box.probably have us at around 30-32k and everyone would be on top the field. Build something to block the setting sun so the east side becomes great seats

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread Information