Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

1. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Anything with a canopy and better seating in the lower bowl.
    Louisiana Saturday Night scheduling fixes that problem.

Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

This I got off the UL alumni association Facebook page. These are the original drawing for Cajun Field. The only thing I would change is a small upper deck and nice press box on the home side. For future expansion if need be would be on the visitor side just like the picture. I agree with the canopy just for the fact it keeps the noise in the stadium.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Dude seriously, this isn't South Africa! Can you show me an actual NCAA Football Stadium with a canopy today? A modern traditional stadium similar to SMU will do the job unless some of you millennials care to drop some extra dimes in the box. LMOA!!!
    Fortunately for Texas Southern, they get to play in BBVA Compass stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    BBVA is awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    In Houston, but that is not an NCAA Facility. Again, no one in this country is building a look-a-like soccer football stadium for college football. A tradition look like SMU will work, what that looks like we will see after it comes back from the architects.

BBVA is awesome!!!
    Dude, I'm just busting your balls! Damn millennial.

BBVA is awesome!!!
    Yes it is.

Our entitlement is showing

Don't group me in with 'Lil Zee and his crew. Lol

We don't need some crazy dual upper decks. But the entire lower bowl should be redone and given better sight lines. Suites on both sides and canopies covering the stands. The exterior should match Russo and Lamson Park.

http://www.cityoforlando.net/venues/.stadium-facts/

https://www.lafc.com/stadium/images

Something very similar to this.

Don’t group me in with ‘Lil Zee and his crew. Lol

We don’t need some crazy dual upper decks. But the entire lower bowl should be redone and given better sight lines. Suites on both sides and canopies covering the stands. The exterior should match Russo and Lamson Park.

http://www.cityoforlando.net/venues/.stadium-facts/

https://www.lafc.com/stadium/images

Something very similar to this.
    We won't do anything with the student side right now, the cost would be anywhere from $8 mil to $10 mil just to bring the electrical, plumbing and drainage up to code today. And that would be before moving forward on new construction.

Finish the lower bowl with concessions Tear down the upper deck, replace with Suites and Press Box/Offices.

Seems like the only reasonable thing that might possibly be in our budget?

We won't do anything with the student side right now, the cost would be anywhere from $8 mil to $10 mil just to bring the electrical, plumbing and drainage up to code today. And that would be before moving forward on new construction.
    Our first goal should be to completely renovate the lower bowl. At least that’s my opinion. But I don’t have $100M to do what I’d like to see done. Which is nothing crazy, or truly outlandish. But it would probably take $75M to complete everything. It would essentially be a completely new lower bowl and it would 100% mirror the new MLS stadium. Which are 100% built for creating a better atmosphere and making smaller stadiums feel like much larger venues.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Seems like the only reasonable thing that might possibly be in our budget?
    Seems like the smart thing to do. The lower bowl would be the seating while the upper deck is destroyed and brought to code. Really should stay around 30K seating too.

14. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Seems like the smart thing to do. The lower bowl would be the seating while the upper deck is destroyed and brought to code. Really should stay around 30K seating too.

-The BIGGEST screw up was not keeping the funding continued from the EV Downs revenue that was paying for the stadium

We should try to get this funded again by state monies and base it on the non continuing of the original money that should have included future repairs!!! Somebody missed the boat when this was done!!!
    We need to show how the stadium is becoming dangerous for fans to use and show that we need emergency funding---there is no other answer as to stop home games would really be a mess up!!!

In Houston, but that is not an NCAA Facility. Again, no one in this country is building a look-a-like soccer football stadium for college football. A tradition look like SMU will work, what that looks like we will see after it comes back from the architects.
    I certainly know they didn't build it. Just said they were fortunate to play in it. I had a blast at a Dynamo game last summer.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread Information