Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

I agree. Part of the initial plan should be to secure two or three big oil or Healthcare companies to occupy office space at Cajun Field. Texas Tech leases their stadium club for weddings and events. We could do the same.

Lastly we should include a few counter serve resturants like Chipolte, Zoes or even a Dunkin Donuts. They would make a killing as people come and go while at the bus stop.

A 35K seat stadium with individual seats and a completed lower bowl and a new press tower is all we need.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Fans wanting immediate progress is how we ended up with the SEZ...do it right
    I doubt that was a fan initiated move. It has its good points (and bad). Personally I saw it as a precursor to demo-ing the upper deck, providing seats for those displaced. We definitely needed the new restrooms and concessions. Too bad opening those seats coincided with football taking a nose dive. 😡

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    I doubt that was a fan initiated move. It has its good points (and bad). Personally I saw it as a precursor to demo-ing the upper deck, providing seats for those displaced. We definitely needed the new restrooms and concessions. Too bad opening those seats coincided with football taking a nose dive. 😡
    I think farmer and company felt pressure during realignment from the fans that nothing was being done to move us forward (mainly facilities) and that was the quickest easiest thing to “show progress” after that they said there were putting things on hold to reassess their plan and what they were doing.

4. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Upper deck needs to be demolished.

No visible seating from Congress.

Raise the curiosity factor.

The upper deck looks empty even when the lower deck is full.

Get rid of it and kill the misconception.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    I agree. Part of the initial plan should be to secure two or three big oil or Healthcare companies to occupy office space at Cajun Field. Texas Tech leases their stadium club for weddings and events. We could do the same.

Lastly we should include a few counter serve resturants like Chipolte, Zoes or even a Dunkin Donuts. They would make a killing as come and go while at the bus stop.

A 35K seat stadium with individual seats and a completed lower bowl and a new press tower is all we need.
    And that is exactly what is being considered. With a larger video scoreboard.

Anything with a canopy and better seating in the lower bowl.

7. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Keep the current scoreboard for advertising and snippets and put the new Humongous 8K Swamp Capture scoreboard back where the original was over the south end zone tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Anything patterned after a 35K MLS stadium would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    Would be great, but according to BOP/Jay/TalktomeWillis we ain't getting that. Don't see how that could be done in phases.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Dude seriously, this isn't South Africa! Can you show me an actual NCAA Football Stadium with a canopy today? A modern traditional stadium similar to SMU will do the job unless some of you millennials care to drop some extra dimes in the box. LMOA!!!

Bowl the stadium. Mirror the NEZ with the SEZ. Build the concessions, etc. currently in the SEZ across the east side of the stadium. Tear down the upper deck and build the new press box with the lower level suites and seating. Tear down the Cox Bldg. and build an admin building on the back side of the east side of the stadium facing the Cajundome and replace the space with a mini version of the quad on campus with the FDL fountain, thereby connecting the athletic campus with the academic campus. That should seat 35,000+ and give us what we need at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Bowl the stadium. Mirror the NEZ with the SEZ. Build the concessions, etc. currently in the SEZ across the east side of the stadium. Tear down the upper deck and build the new press box with the lower level suites and seating. Tear down the Cox Bldg. and build an admin building on the back side of the east side of the stadium facing the Cajundome and replace the space with a mini version of the quad on campus with the FDL fountain, thereby connecting the athletic campus with the academic campus. That should seat 35,000+ and give us what we need at this point.
    There will be no upper deck. But you are right on the rest. The Suites will run the length of the west side at the top, media booth, club house (Athlete dinning hall during the week), hall of fame and offices. There will be room for growth, but there is no need for 45K in seating at this point. Those are some of the points I've heard.

There will be no upper deck. But you are right on the rest. The Suites will run the length of the west side at the top, media booth, club house (Athlete dinning hall during the week), hall of fame and offices. There will be room for growth, but there is no need for 45K in seating at this point. Those are some of the points I've heard.
    We’re out of our minds if we build a stadium for 45k people. 35k is perfect given our history, and we don’t need a bunch of bells and whistles.

15. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Fans wanting immediate progress is how we ended up with the SEZ...do it right
    Clearing out and opening up the sideline RedZone seating to the general public was a mistake. Doing it the exact same season the new SEZ seating opened rendered the investment worthless.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information