Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    “Jury-rigged”

I just can’t fathom what that would look like. Will it have pictures of Bart BERNARD, William GEE and Gorden MCKERRNAN all over the stadium?
    Does anyone know if upper deck were removed and only replaced with suites, stadium club seats and press box, would CF seat 30,000 range? If demand for suites is high also add suites on East side too.

Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Maggard said pressbox will be done first leaving the home side concourse untouched maybe a coat of paint

This will a cluster F in the making stadium will look Jury-rigged
    It'll be interesting to say the least. Outside of a few additions, the structure stadium has barely been touched since it opened almost 50 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Does anyone know if upper deck were removed and only replaced with suites, stadium club seats and press box, would CF seat 30,000 range? If demand for suites is high also add suites on East side too.
    I don't see us ever adding suites to the east side due to sun, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Don’t worry guys, when i win that $700M+ Powerball jackpot we’ll be set!

CajunDreDog Stadium anyone?
    When I win that massive PowerBall jackpot.one day, I’m building us a state of the art domed stadium with A/C. It’ll be the best thing in the G5 for sure

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    A lot of you are going to be sorely disappointed when you see what's going to happen.
    You may well be right. But at this point, the upper deck is an eyesore, too few people sit there, and the press area is very much lacking. It doesn’t even need to be a completely finished product on the “inside” at first. Suites that go unsold go unfinished. But that’s probably chump change in the grand scheme. It could be worse I suppose. We could just demo the upper deck and “FIU” the deal, just putting the press under tents . 🤪

6. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    When I win that massive PowerBall jackpot.one day, I’m building us a state of the art domed stadium with A/C. It’ll be the best thing in the G5 for sure
    I hope you buying a ticket.

Just a general statement.

I think everyone has their own idea of what this should look like and what needs to be done. it is my understanding they aren't going to be able to come close to that.

It's my opinion (and I Don't have any inside info on this part) this thing is going to have to be done in phases. And, that won't be good enough for the instant gratification society we live in today.
    Honestly. I think most fans don't really care about all of the bells and whistles of a new stadium. The eyesore/pressbox must be replaced. Maybe throw in a few suites for the revenue. Some new restrooms would be nice. Get the rest of the place up to code.

Nothing else really needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Honestly. I think most fans don't really care about all of the bells and whistles of a new stadium. The eyesore/pressbox must be replaced. Maybe throw in a few suites for the revenue. Some new restrooms would be nice. Get the rest of the place up to code.

Nothing else really needs to be done.
    Pretty much agree. Phases: (1) Demo and rebuild press box and suites. Having a club level there really shouldn’t cost that much more in the grand scheme. Do it right “structurally”.
    (2). Re-do seats on lower west side to meet code requirements. I suspect the lower concourse could be done at same time.
    I don’t have numbers in front of me, but I thought the upper deck sat between 5-8 thousand. South end zone captures those seats to keep us around 30-32 thousand. We’d lose a few more seats when lower west side is redone down the road.

Just get on with it already!

9. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Get rid of the temporary awful private seating located on the concourse of the first level. I recall many years ago seeing something similar at ULMOST. Thought it was ridiculous. Our version even worse.

10. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Get rid of the temporary awful private seating located on the concourse of the first level. I recall many years ago seeing something similar at ULMOST. Thought it was ridiculous. Our version even worse.
    I think this was a new revenue generated in years where there has been little revenue generated.

Just a general statement.

I think everyone has their own idea of what this should look like and what needs to be done. it is my understanding they aren't going to be able to come close to that.

It's my opinion (and I Don't have any inside info on this part) this thing is going to have to be done in phases. And, that won't be good enough for the instant gratification society we live in today.
    It will absolutely be done in “phases.” But let’s be honest about what “phases” means. They will do a stripped down 1st phase press box, and they will do nothing else for at least another 20 years.

So if by instant gratification you mean completing this thing before half of us are dead, then yeah, I guess we do want instant gratification.

12. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I don't see us ever adding suites to the east side due to sun, but that's just me.
    East Side Suites will come with Hololens glasses, with live viewing from the players helmet camera.

13. Default Re: Cajun Field Renovation Plans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I think this was a new revenue generated in years where there has been little revenue generated.
    We need to build actual luxury suites and quit f:cking up the stadium.

Its easy Maryland stadium is the way to go. If you have to add seats just add them to the visitor side like Maryland. Nice horseshoe stadium with luxury box and suites on the home side

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Pretty much agree. Phases: (1) Demo and rebuild press box and suites. Having a club level there really shouldn’t cost that much more in the grand scheme. Do it right “structurally”.
    Your last sentence is the issue. Now there are potential ways around it but I don't think there is an architech/structural engineer in their right mind who would propose building anything integral to the existing structure. You woul literally have to find a way to work around the existing infrastructure.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 . LastLast

Thread Information