Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bowl Opponent Possibilities

Default Bowl Opponent Possibilities

Who would you like to see us against if we winor if we lose the SBC Championship.

Win = New Orleans Bowl (CUSA Opponent)

Middle Tennessee 8-4 Overall, playing in the CUSA Championship vs UAB. Probably not an option. Although would be a good matchup with two conference championship winners in the New Orleans Bowl.

UAB 9-3, same as above. One of their only losses was to Coastal Carolina.

Marshall 8-3 playing Va Tech this weekend, will finish either 8-4 or 9-3.

UNT 9-3 overall.

La Tech 7-5 overall, probably one of the more anticipated G-5 Bowl games locally.

USM currently 6-5, another good matchup for attendence reasons.

FIU currently 8-4 already accepted an invite to the Bahamas Bowl.

Lose = Dollar General Bowl (MAC opponent)

Buffalo 10-2, playing in the MAC Championship, probably not going to happen

NIU 7-5, playing in the MAC Championship vs Buffalo, could be a decent matchup of 7-6 teams

Miami (OH) 6-6 overall.

Ohio 8-4 overall, I think we play them next year if I am not mistaken

EMU 7-5 overall

Toledo 7-5 overall, already accepted an invite to the Bahamas Bowl

WMU 7-5 overall

Default Re: Bowl Opponent Possibilities

Marshall in nola would be a great matchup. Marshall has a winning tradition, fans travel well, name school2nd choice is USM, Tech barely on RadarIf it's DGBowl, WMU.

I thought that the NOLA bowl was a MWC opponent?

Edit: never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Who would you like to see us against if we winor if we lose the SBC Championship.

Win = New Orleans Bowl (CUSA Opponent)

Middle Tennessee 8-4 Overall, playing in the CUSA Championship vs UAB. Probably not an option. Although would be a good matchup with two conference championship winners in the New Orleans Bowl.

UAB 9-3, same as above. One of their only losses was to Coastal Carolina.

Marshall 8-3 playing Va Tech this weekend, will finish either 8-4 or 9-3.

UNT 9-3 overall.

La Tech 7-5 overall, probably one of the more anticipated G-5 Bowl games locally.

USM currently 6-5, another good matchup for attendence reasons.

FIU currently 8-4 already accepted an invite to the Bahamas Bowl.

Lose = Dollar General Bowl (MAC opponent)

Buffalo 10-2, playing in the MAC Championship, probably not going to happen

NIU 7-5, playing in the MAC Championship vs Buffalo, could be a decent matchup of 7-6 teams

Miami (OH) 6-6 overall.

Ohio 8-4 overall, I think we play them next year if I am not mistaken

EMU 7-5 overall

Toledo 7-5 overall, already accepted an invite to the Bahamas Bowl

WMU 7-5 overall

UL fans will travel to destination like NOLA, but this list of teams does not excite for a Mobile trip for a lot of fans. I will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    UL fans will travel to destination like NOLA, but this list of teams does not excite for a Mobile trip for a lot of fans. I will be there.
    UL fans don't travel to Cajun Field. who are you kidding? NOLA Bowl might have 2nd thoughts if they take us and we only bring 9,000. We will right this ship. I believe winning cures all. I believe winning is in our near future. Be we are not a well supported team for a number of reasons at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Mobile would be the best option if we don't win this weekend. My wife and I will be staying at the Beau Rivage in Biloxi if we go, and I would expect a good number of Cajun fans staying in that area as well. It's an easy 4 hour drive on I-10.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Mobile would be the best option if we don't win this weekend. My wife and I will be staying at the Beau Rivage in Biloxi if we go, and I would expect a good number of Cajun fans staying in that area as well. It's an easy 4 hour drive on I-10.
    And for those so inclined, the Saints are at home on the Sunday versus the Steelers. Stop in at the dome on your way home. 3:25pm game, so you don't have to wake up early to get there.

8. Default Re: Bowl Opponent Possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    And for those so inclined, the Saints are at home on the Sunday versus the Steelers. Stop in at the dome on your way home. 3:25pm game, so you don't have to wake up early to get there.
    But if we have to pay to park. Gunna be a real deal breaker for our folks.

9. Default Re: Bowl Opponent Possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    UL fans don't travel to Cajun Field. who are you kidding? NOLA Bowl might have 2nd thoughts if they take us and we only bring 9,000. We will right this ship. I believe winning cures all. I believe winning is in our near future. Be we are not a well supported team for a number of reasons at this point.
    Even at the previous NO Bowls we were supported at the bowl game by probably 60% or 70% more than those seasons at CF. Get there and they will geaux.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Yeah, I forgot it was a later kickoff. I might look into that.

I sure don't feel good about La Tech. I'm still kind of snakebit about those guys.

i went to ladd peoples once and seem to recall paying to park in a guy's yard.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Even at the previous NO Bowls we were supported at the bowl game by probably 60% or 70% more than those seasons at CF. Get there and they will geaux.
    Some peeps never seem to learn, or understand, that our NO Bowl attendance is not represented 100% by fans traveling from Lafayette. There are thousands of UL alumni in the New Orleans area, North Shore, up river, Terrebonne parish, etc. Many of those fans are not able to make the games on a regular basis in Lafayette, but wil show up for a bowl game at the Dome.

14. Default Re: Bowl Opponent Possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Some peeps never seem to learn, or understand, that our NO Bowl attendance is not represented 100% by fans traveling from Lafayette. There are thousands of UL alumni in the New Orleans area, North Shore, up river, Terrebonne parish, etc. Many of those fans are not able to make the games on a regular basis in Lafayette, but wil show up for a bowl game at the Dome.
    There are also a whole lot of folks from the Acadiana area that took the excuse for a weekend outing in NO and went to those bowl games but who had not set foot in CF during the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    That may be true, but many of the UL fans that attend the NOLA Bowl rarely attend home games in Lafayette, if at all. These people live in the Lafayette area and are more interested in a weekend in NOLA. That being said, I would guess 1/2 of the UL contingent didn't attend a single home game during the season.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information