Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bowl Opponent Possibilities

Default Re: Bowl Opponent Possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    That may be true, but many of the UL fans that attend the NOLA Bowl rarely attend home games in Lafayette, if at all. These people live in the Lafayette area and are more interested in a weekend in NOLA. That being said, I would guess 1/2 of the UL contingent didn't attend a single home game during the season.
    At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter where they come from, does it? What matters is that the 5 times the Cajuns have played in the New Orleans Bowl, those games represent the 5 highest attendance stats. I haven't looked at all the numbers over the years, but I do recall one year, perhaps when we played Tulane, the attendance for the New Orleans Bowl ranked #11 out of 33 or 34 bowls held that year.

2. Default Re: Bowl Opponent Possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter where they come from, does it? What matters is that the 5 times the Cajuns have played in the New Orleans Bowl, those games represent the 5 highest attendance stats. I haven't looked at all the numbers over the years, but I do recall one year, perhaps when we played Tulane, the attendance for the New Orleans Bowl ranked #11 out of 33 or 34 bowls held that year.
    You are correct, it matters not one Iota (or if some are even coming from Iota). I was just responding to the person that said we would have no fans in NO this year because of the low attendance this year at CF. I was reminding them that in past years, many more Cajuns showed up in the Dome than showed up at CF in each of those years. While I would not venture to guess how many more, I would bet that if we win the SBC Championship and play in NO, there will be substantially more Cajuns in the Dome than there were at CF this season. Just sayin.

I think attendance in NOLA might be stronger than people expect, should we get there. We'd be coming off a huge upset for a conference championship on ESPN, right after Gameday. A Cajuns win would have a lot of people talking. I know there are bigger championship games, but still.

in general, one way to fix bowl attendance would be to decide who is in which bowl sooner. not sure how to do that. the big boys get credit for traveling better, but at same time they know much sooner.

Sorry I’ve been a little out of the loop here recently but I thought the NOLA bowl didn’t have to necessarily take the champion? Did that change this year?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Sorry I’ve been a little out of the loop here recently but I thought the NOLA bowl didn’t have to necessarily take the champion? Did that change this year?
    It did last week when the SBC announced that the winner of the championship game would go to NOLA.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    in general, one way to fix bowl attendance would be to decide who is in which bowl sooner. not sure how to do that. the big boys get credit for traveling better, but at same time they know much sooner.
    How do they know sooner?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    How do they know sooner?
    Come on man, the P5’s have special tin foil hats that tell them the futureeverybody knows that

9. Default Re: Bowl Opponent Possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    They don't know sooner season wise, often their bowls are further off, so they have more advanced warning, giving fans time to plan.

looking like Louisiana Tech vs Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    That's a nice trip for the players and coaches and the few fans who can actually make the trip.

Except for the ton of money you lose going to Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    lol, hope ya'll got good credit.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    lol, hope ya'll got good credit.
    I hope they are not counting on getting there on their credit, lol

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Except for the ton of money you lose going to Hawaii.
    I guess it's better than getting beat up by their neighbor in a bowl game(if they would have accepted).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information