Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread: G12 Final: Louisiana 31, ULM 28

Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs. ULM

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    We better show up in 2nd half or it will be a bad ride home. Monroe is playing with a little swagger
    Giving the game away.

We’re a second half team. We’ll be okay.

Don't know who will win, but I am not that comfortable now as I was in the first quarter.

4. Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs. ULM

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Don't know who will win, but I am not that comfortable now as I was in the first quarter.
    Glad u prefer a 14 point lead.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The receiver was covered like white on rice even before he slipped. It was a bad decision to throw to begin with.
    Are you sure we’re talking about the same play? Watch the replay. The db isn’t even in the picture when the receiver breaks and slips while Nunez is throwing. Ball comes out of Nunez’s hand, and then you see the back enter the screeen.

That holding was a horrible, horrible call. Same as the call on Patterson off the line, and the call on Napier. Bush league officiating.

You can tell the coaches want to really rely on the running game with the lead and to run the clock. The Lewis switch makes sense in that regard as everyone now knows that Nunez does not want to run the ball. I think now we are going to pick and choose when we throw the ball.
    We have 3 awesome running backs who can run the ball, running the QB usually succeeds in getting your QB hurt! Stop messing with rhythm/timing, keep the better QB in!

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    This game is exactly what one should expect from a couple of 6-5 Sun Belt teams.

I turn the game on and it goes to shat. Cajuns should be up by at least 17. Lewis trots out of bounds a yard short of the first down and then Nunez throws a pick-6.

ULM gets the ball to open the 2nd half. Defense needs to come out in the 2nd half and get a stop.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Are you sure we’re talking about the same play? Watch the replay. The db isn’t even in the picture when the receiver breaks and slips while Nunez is throwing. Ball comes out of Nunez’s hand, and then you see the back enter the screeen.
    Yep. I've watched it 3 times on replay. The DB jumped the route. He was 5 yards off the receiver and when Nunez went to throw he was jumping the pass. Now, I don't think that Nunez should have thrown that pass regardless but he slipped right before he threw it. Regardless, we need to come back now.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I turn the game on and it goes to shat. Cajuns should be up by at least 17. Lewis trots out of bounds a yard short of the first down and then Nunez throws a pick-6.
    You felt the momentum shift when Lewis came up short there. Then we give up 7.

Quote Originally Posted by carnold983 View Post
    We have 3 awesome running backs who can run the ball, running the QB usually succeeds in getting your QB hurt! Stop messing with rhythm/timing, keep the better QB in!
    And Nunez comes in and throws a pick 6. Levi got a FG out of it. I agree that Nunez has been playing well but its not like Levi wasn't effective. Like I said, that first down he ran for would not have been picked up with Nunez in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    You felt the momentum shift when Lewis came up short there. Then we give up 7.
    We got the FG

14. Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs. ULM

Yep. I've watched it 3 times on replay. The DB jumped the route. He was 5 yards off the receiver and when Nunez went to throw he was jumping the pass. Now, I don't think that Nunez should have thrown that pass regardless but he slipped right before he threw it. Regardless, we need to come back now.
    The receiver slipped and fell.

We only gave up 127 yards in the half.

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread Information