Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Official Ragin Pagin Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Default Re: 2018 Official Ragin Pagin Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Footballscoop.com

Mike Houston: I’ve been offered the Charlotte job. That’s it. (But there’s an issue.)

It’s a tricky proposition for a school to hire a sitting head coach, and that trickiness increases by a factor of 10,000 any time the head coach is in the middle of a playoff run with his current team. Such is the case at Charlotte, where the 49ers’ pursuit of James Madison head coach Mike Houston is now out of the bag — and there’s no getting it back inside.

On Wednesday afternoon, The Athletic‘s Bruce Feldman reported Houston was expected to accept Charlotte’s offer.

And then a few hours passed. And then a few more. After JMU’s practice on Wednesday, Houston addressed the situation with reporters.

“I was contacted on Sunday by Charlotte 49ers athletic director Mike Hill,” Houston told the Richmond Times-Dispatch. “We had a great conversation. I listened to him. I talked to him again on Tuesday. I told him I was interested in the job. Doesn’t have anything to do with JMU.

“I have been blessed to have the opportunity to be the head coach here. I am still the head coach here.”

Houston acknowledged his interest in the job — particularly that Charlotte’s location is two and a half hours from his family (Houston grew up in Franklin, N.C.) — but added, “The facts are I’ve been offered a job. That’s it.”

But there’s a chance this drags on until the FCS National Championship, all the way out until Jan. 5. It’s a remote chance, sure, given the Dukes are on North Dakota State’s side of the bracket, but this is the only program other than NDSU to win an FCS crown since 2011.

http://footballscoop.com/news/mike-h...tte-job-thats/

Footballscoop:

Scottie Montgomery will not return at East Carolina

Scottie Montgomery will not return at East Carolina, the school has announced. The news was first reported by WNCT in Greenville, N.C.

“As much as we would have liked the outcome to be different, the progress of a program is ultimately measured by its competitiveness, win total and championships,” ECU chancellor Cecil P. Staton said. “It is our decision to move in a different direction with new leadership.

“He cared deeply for his players, was an outstanding mentor, and always focused on the word ‘student’ in student-athlete. We wish him all the best.”

Through “mutual agreement” Montgomery will not coach ECU’s season finale against NC State, a game rescheduled due to Hurricane Florence. Defensive coordinator David Blackwell will lead the team in the game.

http://footballscoop.com/news/report...east-carolina/

3. Default Re: 2018 Official Ragin Pagin Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Footballscoop:

Scottie Montgomery will not return at East Carolina

Scottie Montgomery will not return at East Carolina, the school has announced. The news was first reported by WNCT in Greenville, N.C.

“As much as we would have liked the outcome to be different, the progress of a program is ultimately measured by its competitiveness, win total and championships,” ECU chancellor Cecil P. Staton said. “It is our decision to move in a different direction with new leadership.

“He cared deeply for his players, was an outstanding mentor, and always focused on the word ‘student’ in student-athlete. We wish him all the best.”

Through “mutual agreement” Montgomery will not coach ECU’s season finale against NC State, a game rescheduled due to Hurricane Florence. Defensive coordinator David Blackwell will lead the team in the game.

http://footballscoop.com/news/report...east-carolina/
    Possible landing spot for Satterfield.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Possible landing spot for Satterfield.
    Possible, though I think when he makes the move it'll be to a P5 school, not a P6'er.

5. Default Re: 2018 Official Ragin Pagin Football Coaching Carousel Thread

I still think he would love to stay at App until the perfect job comes along.

But ECU would be foolish not to make the attempt.

I agree, but it's being rumored that Louisville is waiting until after Saturday's game to speak with him.

ECU is still without an AD

He is an alum of App State. Will be difficult to move and he likely views ECU as a lateral move anyway. Sometimes the lure of a lucrative P5 job is not as attractive when many end up as an assistant or head FCS job with a major pay cut a few years later when they don't win (enough).

all of this coach leaving talk and weather forecast looking like some rain and the possibility that App could have a dinged up lineman all could work in our favor this weekend

More drama surrounding Mike Houston's "offer" by Charlotte:

Sources indicating that East Carolina is targeting JMU's Mike Houston for its head coaching job. He has told media in Virginia he's been offered Charlotte. A fascinating stare down is happening.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...e-job-thats%2F

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    ECU is still without an AD
    They've supposedly closed a deal with the current Southern Miss AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    They've supposedly closed a deal with the current Southern Miss AD.
    There are conflicting stories that he has accepted it and some say he has not yet interviewed for it lol.

Hiring an AD and head football coach at the same time is a cluster ___k

There are conflicting stories that he has accepted it and some say he has not yet interviewed for it lol.

If I were a coach I wouldn't accept a job without an AD in place. It just seems like trouble waiting to happen unless the coach is critical in the AD hiring process.

For the record, Southern Miss fans seem eager to see him go........seem to feel he's probably a pretty good bean counter but not much for actually raising funds and hiring coaches.

Footballscoop.com

Texas State: Sources tell FootballScoop the entire 10-man, on-field coaching staff with the exception of wide receivers coach Ron Antoine has been let go.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information