Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27

Thread: 2018 Official Ragin Pagin Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Default Re: 2018 Official Ragin Pagin Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Speaking of that, any word out there on when Dr Maggard plans on making some kind of announcement? All I hear are crickets.

2:15 mark

Thanks, yes, but very little substance. He's finalizing plans.but no target finish date.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Thanks, yes, but very little substance. He's finalizing plans.but no target finish date.
    I have no clue me guessing is that they are getting all their ducks in a row and crossing T's and dotting I before they roll it out. You only get 1 shot at this can't screw it up like the baseball stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I have no clue me guessing is that they are getting all their ducks in a row and crossing T's and dotting I before they roll it out. You only get 1 shot at this can't screw it up like the baseball stadium.
    Nico Yantko was on with Jay last week. He was asked if he could assure fans that an announcement containing detailed plans for the stadium renovation would occur sometime in 2019. He talked around the question but the takeaway is that he could not make that commitment. I think it was CajunT who posted that difficulty in raising the private funds needed to get the project kick started is responsible for the delay. If I am quoting T incorrectly, my apologies in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Nico Yantko was on with Jay last week. He was asked if he could assure fans that an announcement containing detailed plans for the stadium renovation would occur sometime in 2019. He talked around the question but the takeaway is that he could not make that commitment. I think it was CajunT who posted that difficulty in raising the private funds needed to get the project kick started is responsible for the delay. If I am quoting T incorrectly, my apologies in advance.
    Sounds like we should have started this project in 2012 after back to back years of unprecedented success and oil at $120

6. UL Football Southeastern names Lance Guidry defensive coordinator

Veteran coach and Louisiana native Lance Guidry will join the Southeastern Louisiana football coaching staff as defensive coordinator.

Dana Holgorsen hires defensive coordinator

Joe Cauthen will be Dana Hologrsen's defensive coordinator at Houston, sources told FootballScoop on Monday.

Cauthen joins the Houston staff from Arkansas State, where he has been the defensive coordinator and linebackers coach for the past five seasons. The Red Wolves finished in the top five in scoring defense in the Sun Belt for the past four seasons, including a fourth-place finish in 2018.

Cauthen's defenses also excelled at registering negative plays. The Red Wolves ranked in the top 25 nationally in sacks in each of the past three seasons (including eighth in 2016), among the top 14 in tackles for loss over that same span (second in 2016), and produced 22 defensive touchdowns over his 5-season watch.

Additionally, sources told FootballScoop Arkansas State defensive line coach/run game coordinator Brian Early will join Cauthen at Houston.

http://footballscoop.com/news/source.e-coordinator/

Chip Lindsey has his coordinators for Troy, staff coming together

Source tells FootballScoop Chip Lindsey plans to make BYU offensive line coach Ryan Pugh his offensive coordinator and plans to promote Troy outside linebackers coach Brandon Hall to defensive coordinator. Additionally, source tells FootballScoop Brian Blackmon is expected to be retained and will serve as special teams coordinator.

Pugh, who played Center at Auburn 2007-10, served as a grad assistant at Auburn, Virginia Tech, Cincinnati and LSU; before going with Frank Wilson to UTSA as offensive line coach. When his mentor Jeff Grimes got the offensive coordinator position at BYU, Pugh went as his offensive line coach for this past season.

http://footballscoop.com/news/source.ming-together/

9. UL Football Former UL Assistant Marquase Lovings Hired By Austin Peay

Former Louisiana head coach Mark Hudspeth, has added a name familiar to Ragin' Cajun football fans to his staff at Austin Peay.

Joe Moglia stepping down at Coastal Carolina, replacement on staff

Joe Moglia is stepping down as Coastal Carolina’s head coach, sources told FootballScoop on Friday.

Additionally, sources indicated Coastal will promote Jamey Chadwell to replace Moglia. Moglia will remain with the program in an administrative capacity, sources said.

Chadwell is currently the associate head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Coastal. Formerly the head coach at North Greenville University, Delta State and Charleston Southern, Chadwell joined Moglia’s staff in 2017 and was quickly promoted to interim head coach as Moglia spent the entire season on medical leave.

http://footballscoop.com/news/source.acement-staff/

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27

Thread Information