Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Official Ragin Pagin Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Default Re: 2018 Official Ragin Pagin Football Coaching Carousel Thread

From @FootballScoop, Chip Lindsey is expected to be named the head coach at Troy.

What a meh hire

Footballscoop.com

Rod Carey expected to be next Temple head coach

Rod Carey is expected to be the next head coach at Temple, sources told FootballScoop on Thursday. We are told the deal has not yet been signed, but Carey is the pick and Temple is expecting to get the deal done today.

Carey is currently the head coach at Northern Illinois, where he is 52-30 in six full seasons. He guided the Huskies to MAC championships in 2014 and 2018.

Carey would be the second head coach Temple hired this offseason. The Owls hired Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz on Dec. 11, but he left 18 days later to return to Miami as head coach after Mark Richt’s abrupt retirement. The job originally came open when Geoff Collins left for Georgia Tech.

http://footballscoop.com/news/source.le-head-coach/

Footballscoop.com

Manny Diaz has hired Dan Enos away from Alabama

According to reports, Enos will be joining Manny Diaz’s new staff at Miami as the program’s new offensive coordinator. Barry Jackson was among the first to share the news, and a number of other outlets are now sharing the same.

http://footballscoop.com/news/report.-away-alabama/

Chip Lindsey's assistants/staff pool will be $2 million, Troy Trojans athletic director Jeremy McClain says.

So much for having the advantage

5. UL Football Re: 2018 Official Ragin Pagin Football Coaching Carousel Thread

No doubt we're seeing volcanic growth in the conference assistant pay.

Guess it won't be long before the standard will be four million.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    No doubt we're seeing volcanic growth in the conference assistant pay.

Guess it won't be long before the standard will be four million.
    It's no suprise the have and have nots gap is growing year by year . Maximizing our budget the next 5 years is paramount for our futre. Why I get ____ed off when we are flushing away 6 figures on coaches that are not moving the needle forward.

Time is a luxury we no longer have because of our own stupidity in the past . We have to make bold moves going forward or our peers will once again pass us by.

7. Default Re: 2018 Official Ragin Pagin Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Chip Lindsey's assistants/staff pool will be $2 million, Troy Trojans athletic director Jeremy McClain says.

So much for having the advantage
    Their using bowl money.

It's no suprise the have and have nots gap is growing year by year . Maximizing our budget the next 5 years is paramount for our futre. Why I get ____ed off when we are flushing away 6 figures on coaches that are not moving the needle forward.

Time is a luxury we no longer have because of our own stupidity in the past . We have to make bold moves going forward or our peers will once again pass us by.
    I'm not sure we need to make bold moves, but we cannot sit on the moves we have made recently and think we are good for 3-5 years. Maggard has made many more good moves vs bad moves since he has been here. I see no reason to think he reverses course any time soon.

9. Default Re: 2018 Official Ragin Pagin Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Name a peer that is passing us by because their moves are more bold than ours?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Name a peer that is passing us by because their moves are more bold than ours?
    If AAC had an opening tomorrow would we get in over North Texas , Marshall, FIU or even La tech . Don't think so. We have to catch up so we have to make bold choices.

If AAC had an opening tomorrow would we get in over North Texas , Marshall, FIU or even La tech . Don't think so
    Not so fast my friend

12. Default Re: 2018 Official Ragin Pagin Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Not so fast my friend
    we have got to get attendance up in FB and BAsketball!

If AAC had an opening tomorrow would we get in over North Texas , Marshall, FIU or even La tech . Don't think so. We have to catch up so we have to make bold choices.
    I agree with your statement about making bold moves, aka being aggressive, but I don't look at that group of schools as being somehow way ahead of us. Look at facilities, coaching salaries, academics, etc., we're already there with that group. As for the necksters, they're eating our athletic budget and academic dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    I agree with your statement about making bold moves, aka being aggressive, but I don't look at that group of schools as being somehow way ahead of us. Look at facilities, coaching salaries, academics, etc., we're already there with that group. As for the necksters, they're eating our athletic budget and academic dust.
    Our football stadium has to get done

Our football stadium has to get done
    Speaking of that, any word out there on when Dr Maggard plans on making some kind of announcement? All I hear are crickets.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread Information