Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Texas State Head Football Coach Withers on the vine.

Default Texas State Head Football Coach Withers on the vine.

Default Re: Texas State Head Football Coach Withers on the vine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Yes and a certain former UL Coach's name is popping up in the early mentions of replacements.

Aggie T?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes and a certain former UL Coach's name is popping up in the early mentions of replacements.
    Initials J.B.??

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    They should consider Rebowe.

They should consider Rebowe.
    Bingo! Now will they, that's another topic.

Their president canned the entire staff. AD not noted in any articles so far. Texas State fans might get two presents for Christmas. Not a Farmer fan, but their AD makes our ex AD look brilliant. Maybe they can hire him.

The fans want K. C. Keeler and I hope they hire a 60 year old coach that has never coached a game at the FBS level

They should hire Graham Harrel.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    The fans want K. C. Keeler and I hope they hire a 60 year old coach that has never coached a game at the FBS level
    Yeah, that's certainly a risk. Hire a guy that far along in his career and he starts looking at a job like the Texas State position as his retirement. To an extent, I believe that's what's happened at Tulane with Willie Fritz.

I'd sure like to see Rebowe get a shot at the next level, though competing directly with us, perhaps not so much.

I'd put my money on Kendall Briles

Yeah, that's certainly a risk. Hire a guy that far along in his career and he starts looking at a job like the Texas State position as his retirement. To an extent, I believe that's what's happened at Tulane with Willie Fritz.

I'd sure like to see Rebowe get a shot at the next level, though competing directly with us, perhaps not so much.
    If im Rebow idk if im leaving my home to go coach a Texas State club that is a dumpster fire with no commitment from the admin. However money talks

If im Rebow idk if im leaving my home to go coach a Texas State club that is a dumpster fire with no commitment from the admin. However money talks
    Pretty big pay day if the administration is willing to spend some money from that athletic budget. As someone who has enjoyed watching what he’s done at Nicholls, I’d be disappointed if he left, but I’d be happy for him in regards to getting paid for his efforts and results.

13. Default Re: Texas State Head Football Coach Withers on the vine.

,yes money talks and lack of money is also heard.not sure of his salary but heard it was very low!

The program's a dumpster fire, and if what the fans say about the AD is true, then it'd be risky indeed. Having said that, the bar there is set pretty low. Go in there and turn that program around in 2-3 years and he might be able to leverage it into a much better gig. Then again, it might end up being a grave yard. Dunno.

At the end of the day though, show me the money.

15. UL Football Re: Texas State Head Football Coach Withers on the vine.

I'm sure he'd go for the right money. Can't blame him either

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information