Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Texas State Head Football Coach Withers on the vine.

Default Re: Texas State Head Football Coach Withers on the vine.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm sure he'd go for the right money. Can't blame him either
    It's a beautiful part of the country, something on the order of 35,000 students, damned-decent athletic facilities, a significant athletic budget from what I recallhard to figure out why they're sucking so badly. Gotta be those calling the shots from above. If what's being said is true, that the president fired the entire staff, then the AD may be next.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Yeah, that's certainly a risk. Hire a guy that far along in his career and he starts looking at a job like the Texas State position as his retirement. To an extent, I believe that's what's happened at Tulane with Willie Fritz.

I'd sure like to see Rebowe get a shot at the next level, though competing directly with us, perhaps not so much.
    Coach Rebowe will not leave for any job outside Louisiana. He is close to getting enough years in the system to set him up for a nice retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ,yes money talks and lack of money is also heard.not sure of his salary but heard it was very low!
    Coach Rebowe got a nice raise after last season. Nicholls administration came up with extra funds to match what SLU offered. Lions wanted him after Coach Roberts came here to be defensive coordinator.

Eric Morris is the VERY HOT name right now. He’s at Incarnate Word and he’s got them in the FCS playoffs in his first season.

Mike Leach disciple who then was OC for Kingsbury at Tech before taking the head gig at IW less than a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Coach Rebowe will not leave for any job outside Louisiana. He is close to getting enough years in the system to set him up for a nice retirement.
    3 or 4 years of 500-700k May make him think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    And they just played their best game of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    I'd put my money on Kendall Briles
    That would be bad news for us. That dude knows offense

8. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Texas State Head Football Coach Withers on the vine.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    That would be bad news for us. That dude knows offense
    Maybe, but for now we're stuck in the SBC. We need our opponents to have credibility.

I've got all the faith in the world that Napier is a unique coach we're lucky enough to have gotten. I've heard some legendary coaches, and I don't know if true , we missed out on. We've got this one for a few years.

I'm not worrying about TxSt.

If They get a good coach and go on a run I suspect they will be out of the SBC before us. Just like MTSU, WKU, FIU and FAU.

10. UL Football Re: Texas State Head Football Coach Withers on the vine.

Scared Helmet?

Right now we've absolutely got the best brain trust in the SBC. If we aren't up next it's because of things beyond our control. And yes our history isn't in our control, it's something we've got to overcome.

No just going by past experience. Bigger school, bigger TV maeket ease of increasing budget. Etc etc

12. Default Re: Texas State Head Football Coach Withers on the vine.

So we want TxSt to be a joke when they’re playing in Cajun Field. That’s gonna bring in tens of thousands extra casual fans.

13. Default Re: Texas State Head Football Coach Withers on the vine.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    No just going by past experience. Bigger school, bigger TV maeket ease of increasing budget. Etc etc
    Again the Belt is not 1 but 2 places above the Cusa----now I am not sure about the future, but is there any reason for our not staying above the MAC and CUSA----with the past I think Ga South, Appy, Troy, and Ark St stay strongthink we are on the rise along with C Car with their TD Ameritrade sponsor----So maybe with a new stadium USA comes back, Tex State should bounce with a new coach, Ga State new stadium in Hotlanta, and ULM keeps winning like over S Miss who just beat LTUR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So we want TxSt to be a joke when they’re playing in Cajun Field. That’s gonna bring in tens of thousands extra casual fans.
    Smart guy here. It would be good not to be in a conference with a bunch of dumpster fires.

While our program will hopefully have a better conference, their saying is true. Together We Rise. Imagine the Belt being a conference where UL, AR St, GA So, TX St, Troy and App St are all beating their other G5 opponents into the ground and giving some P5 money games a good run.

15. UL Football Re: Texas State Head Football Coach Withers on the vine.

Our ultimate goal, midterm, is AAC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information