Thread: So who will get left out of a bowl?

Default So who will get left out of a bowl?

Here are the standings of these teams eligible/soon to be:

Troy 8-2
    App 7-2
    GASO 7-3
    ULM 6-4
    ASU 6-4
    UL 5-5

It looks like we may have 6 teams eligible and only 5 SBC bowl slots. ASU/ULM tangle tomorrow. The other 4 teams above are all favored in their games this weekend.

My feeling is that we will need to win the next 2 games to go bowling. 6 wins just won't do it this year. Plus if we get to 7 wins and are in the championship game, we should be assured of a bowl spot. But stranger things have happened.

Who gets left out? My thought is ULM. They go on a 2 game losing slide and they are toast.

But who goes to Arizona? We're the westernmost team in the conference if ULM isn't eligible.

Thoughts?

2. Default Re: So who will get left out of a bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post

Troy 8-2
    App 7-2
    GASO 7-3
    ULM 6-4
    ASU 6-4
    UL 5-5

It looks like we may have 6 teams eligible and only 5 SBC bowl slots. ASU/ULM tangle tomorrow. The other 4 teams above are all favored in their games this weekend.

My feeling is that we will need to win the next 2 games to go bowling. 6 wins just won't do it this year. Plus if we get to 7 wins and are in the championship game, we should be assured of a bowl spot. But stranger things have happened.

Who gets left out? My thought is ULM. They go on a 2 game losing slide and they are toast.

But who goes to Arizona? We're the westernmost team in the conference if ULM isn't eligible.

Thoughts?
    Coastal also has 5 wins

Default Re: So who will get left out of a bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Coastal also has 5 wins
    True but I'm sure GASO will take care of them this weekend. They then have USA next weekend and that will probably get them to 6. Maybe 2 left out of bowl games?

True but I'm sure GASO will take care of them this weekend. They then have USA next weekend and that will probably get them to 6. Maybe 2 left out of bowl games?
    GaSo has been on a slide since beating App, and the game is at Coastal. I'm not chalking this one up to the Eagles just yet; I think the Beach Chickens have a real shot at an upset.

We win the next two we will be in Montgomery on Dec 15th.

I don’t think at 6-6 we’d be Bowl-deserving anyway. Therefore, we need to win the next two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I don’t think at 6-6 we’d be Bowl-deserving anyway. Therefore, we need to win the next two.
    At 6-6 we've overachieved and deserve a bowl as much as any 6-6 team out there. Just my humble opinion though.

8. UL Football Re: So who will get left out of a bowl?

Troy 8-2
    App 7-2
    GASO 7-3
    ULM 6-4
    ASU 6-4
    UL 5-5

Thoughts?

Here's the thing to remember. Unless the commissioner gets involved, and that happened to a departing SBC team, we're going with 6 wins. Bowls like us especially the NOLA. We're still considered a great bowl crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    At 6-6 we've overachieved and deserve a bowl as much as any 6-6 team out there. Just my humble opinion though.
    Yesin normal times I would agree that 6-6 doesn't warrant a bowl. But if we manage it this year, then we certainly do deserve it. Of course, 7-6 and a chamionship game is a whole lot better

Thread Information