Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Bowl Starting in 2020: Myrtle Beach Bowl

Default Re: New Bowl Starting in 2020: Myrtle Beach Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Boy did this just come out of left field.

That was talked about in an unfavorable light in everything sports at the time. Not as much now but you do hear it on occasion. It has come up on this board.

Who said anything about that hurting their program or anything about their games with us?
    Well you said they are still ridiculed about it and the only people who still do, don't have a voice. Who cares if a hand full of people are saying something about it. It's not as if they are being called out on a large scale by people who matter. People grab on to something so dang stupid to hold over a programs head. When in reality that thing had ZERO effect on La Tech going forward.

2. Default Re: New Bowl Starting in 2020: Myrtle Beach Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    NO imitation Mattie. Impossible to imitate such a doiche. WRONG AGAIN
    Substitute bottom banner with "MAT mocks poster with disability"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3. Default Re: New Bowl Starting in 2020: Myrtle Beach Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Well you said they are still ridiculed about it and the only people who still do, don't have a voice. Who cares if a hand full of people are saying something about it. It's not as if they are being called out on a large scale by people who matter. People grab on to something so dang stupid to hold over a programs head. When in reality that thing had ZERO effect on La Tech going forward.
    Anytime any school talks about opting out of a bowl that comes up. All I was pointing out was that going to bowls is considered important to most schools that qualify. Sometimes there are acceptable circumstances for declining. Theirs was not considered one of them.

I never said this: and the only people who still do, don't have a voice.

I also never said it had any affect on their program.

And I have no problem with your opinion. It's yours. It's like arseholes, everybody has and is entitled to one. Why are you so -fumble- over this?

Can this be a pre-season bowl game? I'd much prefer a trip to the beach in August rather than December.

5. Default Re: New Bowl Starting in 2020: Myrtle Beach Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Substitute bottom banner with "MAT mocks poster with disability"
    Forgot that our great President knew you.

6. Default Re: New Bowl Starting in 2020: Myrtle Beach Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Only by petty instate losers.
    It was funny at the time. It’s not an albatross around their neck.
    Every school knows what happened.

Every time a school says "let's not make the same mistake that Tech did."

That's ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Exactly, if you don't want to watch the bowl game don't watch. What people don't understand is that if they took bowl games away, it's not going to be the 6-6 Iowa state vs 6-6 wake forest sitting at home.it's going to be the 8-4 UL or the 9-3 Troy sitting at home.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Can this be a pre-season bowl game? I'd much prefer a trip to the beach in August rather than December.
    When I thick of Myrtle Beach, the last thing I think of is December.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    By who exactly? Since 2013 they are 45-23 with 3 bowl wins. They also beat us twice by a combined score of 91-34. If they have been ridiculed, I don't see how it has hurt their program.
    They've actually won four straight bowl games and they will be playing in their fifth bowl game in five years this year. Some here on RP say Tech has hit their ceiling. Maybe they have, but other than the bowl games G5 conferences are contracted with, what else does any of us have to play for?

10. Default Re: New Bowl Starting in 2020: Myrtle Beach Bowl

Ltur has beaten a good N Tex with a 7-3 record along with 5-5 FAUtheir other wins are over SAl 2-8.rice 1-10 UtEP 1-9.UTSA 3-7they have SMiss 4-5 and WKU 1-9. These easy wins occur when you play in the very dead last conference in the country.5 of their wins will be against teams with a combined 8 wins!.as one looks deeper into the Cusa true value, we see that NTex has no wins against FBS schools with a winning record and even lost to old D.again a member of the worst by far conference in the country!

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Ltur has beaten a good N Tex with a 7-3 record along with 5-5 FAUtheir other wins are over SAl 2-8.rice 1-10 UtEP 1-9.UTSA 3-7they have SMiss 4-5 and WKU 1-9. These easy wins occur when you play in the very dead last conference in the country.5 of their wins will be against teams with a combined 8 wins!.as one looks deeper into the Cusa true value, we see that NTex has no wins against FBS schools with a winning record and even lost to old D.again a member of the worst by far conference in the country!
    The same thing can be said about every G5 conference. Half the teams in every single one of them are horrible. Who is it exactly that we've beaten that'll make our becoming bowl eligible more legit than a CUSA team's?

12. Default Re: New Bowl Starting in 2020: Myrtle Beach Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    The same thing can be said about every G5 conference. Half the teams in every single one of them are horrible. Who is it exactly that we've beaten that'll make our becoming bowl eligible more legit than a CUSA team's?
    "Eligible" only has value when mentioned in conjunction with multiple seasons.

Otherwise its not the eligibility, its the actual game, the opponent and result.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "Eligible" only has value when mentioned in conjunction with multiple seasons.

Otherwise its not the eligibility, its the actual game, the opponent and result.
    I agree. Quality bowl game opponents give G5 teams an opportunity to showcase their programs against competition that is "perceived" to be in a better conference.

I'd say our best bowl win would be the win over San Diego State. I think the perception of Cajun football around the country got a nice bump from that particular bowl win. La Tech has beaten Illinois and Navy in recent bowl games. Those wins likely elevated the perception of their program around the country as well.

I'd love to face a P5 opponent every year in a bowl game. There's everything to gain and very little to lose against P5 opponents. If a P5 opponent isn't possible, the next best thing is to beat a team from either the MWC or the AAC. Beating a team out of the MAC or CUSA won't move the needle at all for us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information