Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: N O Bowl

Default Re: N O Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    It won't have an effect as much as you would think. It's the first game of the season against an SEC opponent on Labor Day weekend in New Orleans. I'm sure many Cajun fans will make the effort to go.
    Heck, I made my hotel reservations 2 months ago. I'll be there for the long weekend.

Book your rooms now, cancel later if needed. I see some are already filled up.
    https://www.neworleansbowl.org/travel-hotels

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    It's crazy but the projections dropped us out of the bowl picture this morning we need to win out
    Yeah, crazy

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Once we win this thing, I believe Maggard will have the choice of several bowls, he and Napier will make the best choice for a host of reasons.
    Several ?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Book your rooms now, cancel later if needed. I see some are already filled up.
    https://www.neworleansbowl.org/travel-hotels
    Dang it.

Just reserved, but I'm doing this in protest.

Don't think the fleur de leis want any part of TECH as per the last 2 meetings.the chili peppers play in the worst division of the worst football conference in America.if you played in the east of the Sun Worst you would be next to last place.want to play a SEC team in the NOLA Bowl??? THINK NOT if the 2 games this season are any indication.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Never said we turn down a Bowl offer, a' la' latech. I am saying if we are given a choice, we go elsewhere, unless they offer us latech.

And, yes, going to NOLA this year will have an effect on attendance for the Miss St. game. I know this because back to back NOLA Bowls has equaled less attendance.
    We've all heard this before, and most of us are guilty of having boasted (and believing) we were going to destroy La Tech back in 2014 when they visited Lafayette. That didn't quite turn out the way we thought it would, even though there was every reason to believe we'd manhandle them. After witnessing La Tech totally destroy us in that game at Cajun Field, I vowed never again to shoot my mouth off about wanting to get matched up with them, or anybody else.

Having said this, I think a UL matchup with either Tech, USM, or North Texas in the N.O. Bowl would make for an attendance of around 40K, and 45K if we're matched up with Tulane. Win or lose, any of these matchups would be a good game.

8. Default Re: N O Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    We've all heard this before, and most of us are guilty of having boasted (and believing) we were going to destroy La Tech back in 2014 when they visited Lafayette. That didn't quite turn out the way we thought it would, even though there was every reason to believe we'd manhandle them. After witnessing La Tech totally destroy us in that game at Cajun Field, I vowed never again to shoot my mouth off about wanting to get matched up with them, or anybody else.

Having said this, I think a UL matchup with either Tech, USM, or North Texas in the N.O. Bowl would make for an attendance of around 40K, and 45K if we're matched up with Tulane. Win or lose, any of these matchups would be a good game.
    Don't care who we play, where we play or when we play. The only thing that matters to me is that we have a significant game between December 15th, 2018 - December 31st, 2018.

Yeah☝️

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    And, yes, going to NOLA this year will have an effect on attendance for the Miss St. game. I know this because back to back NOLA Bowls has equaled less attendance.
    Huh?

The only way for us to play in the Nola bowl now is to win the Sun Belt Championship. The Sun Belt just announced that.

12. Default Re: N O Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    The only way for us to play in the Nola bowl now is to win the Sun Belt Championship. The Sun Belt just announced that.
    Having an SBC Championship Game probably forced this stance.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Link? When was the announcement?

Already up on App State athletic tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Link? When was the announcement?
    About 30 minutes ago. https://sunbeltsports.org/news/2018/.eans-bowl.aspx

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information