Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: N O Bowl

Default Re: N O Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I thought it was Coastal
    It was Coastal. And they didn't just beat them. They kicked their butts until their noses bled.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I thought it was Coastal
    You are correct. Just checked it 47-24.

Dont look now, but Coastal may well be bowl eligible. They are currently 5-5 and still have a game vs South Al .

One would have to imagine that if the Cajuns can win their final two regular season games and represent the West in the championship it would garner some serious excitement. Couple that with a potential NOLA Bowl matchup with Tech and I'm more than confident we would paint the quarter red!.the NOLA Bowl committee knows this too!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    One would have to imagine that if the Cajuns can win their final two regular season games and represent the West in the championship it would garner some serious excitement. Couple that with a potential NOLA Bowl matchup with Tech and I'm more than confident we would paint the quarter red!.the NOLA Bowl committee knows this too!
    Yep, they’d be dumb not to have a Louisiana vs LA Tech matchup!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Yep, they’d be dumb not to have a Louisiana vs LA Tech matchup!
    I don't know the particulars about how certain teams are substituted (horse trading) amongst the bowls, but remember, the highest attended NO Bowl was between the Cajuns and Tulane. Something on the order of 54,000 if I recall correctly. If the Cajuns can defeat S. Alabama on Saturday and if Tulane becomes bowl-eligible, you might see some push on the part of the New Orleans Bowl to try to get that matchup if such a horse trade is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    I don't know the particulars about how certain teams are substituted (horse trading) amongst the bowls, but remember, the highest attended NO Bowl was between the Cajuns and Tulane. Something on the order of 54,000 if I recall correctly. If the Cajuns can defeat S. Alabama on Saturday and if Tulane becomes bowl-eligible, you might see some push on the part of the New Orleans Bowl to try to get that matchup if such a horse trade is possible.
    Wasn't Tulane still a member of CUSA then though?

7. Default Re: N O Bowl

I am not sure about the cusa rep, but have been told that if UL is bowl eligible they will be walking to NO.don’t have the stats to post but the UL visits have been all in the very top historicallyof course they want us and I think Tulane as an opp and then ltur!

You're betting on a large group of NOLA living grads/fans to show up. Locally, if they don't show up for regular season games due to cost, Game Day Experience, etc, what makes you think they'll magically show up in NOLA? Even against Tulane or La.Tech, would Mr. casUaL Fan show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I am not sure about the cusa rep, but have been told that if UL is bowl eligible they will be walking to NO.don’t have the stats to post but the UL visits have been all in the very top historicallyof course they want us and I think Tulane as an opp and then ltur!
    I’d rather go to Mobile or Montgomery this year.

10. UL Football Re: N O Bowl

No, the Lamers have been a Big East, and AAC team since the split they caused.

We'll have terrible bowl attendance this year no matter where we go. NOLA will always be our best numbers. Our fans just aren't on board with this new regime yet.

We'll have terrible bowl attendance this year no matter where we go. NOLA will always be our best numbers. Our fans just aren't on board with this new regime yet.
    I believe it would be good in NOLA if they make the SBC championship game, but nowhere else.

13. UL Football Re: N O Bowl

The numbers against LTUR would be great, as well as the Lamers.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    I’d rather beat them in Napier’s first year to set the tone. They ain’t world beaters. We could beat them this year
    That would work too. I honestly haven't kept up with them this season. It just seems like everytime we play them, they are up while we are down relatively speaking

15. Default Re: N O Bowl

Two more wins and a good showing in the SBC Championship game will have us well on our way there.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information