Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: N O Bowl

Default Re: N O Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Momentum required.

Going into New Orleans with 3 straight wins and newly crowned SBC Champs (won on the field) would do wonders for momentum.
    Going to NOLA after losing to ULM would be a poorly attended game, and losing that game would lead to a poorly attended game vs. Miss St. next season.

We need to be very careful about going to the NOLA Bowl at all costs. Other than playing latech in NOLA, I would seek Bowl games elsewhere this season. The timing is just not right.

2. Default Re: N O Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    While we are on excuses, the Cajun Bowl Game is just an excuse for a night or two outing in New Orleans. For this one, we are the excuse.
    .One thing I will say for the past games is that the atmosphere created was pretty damn good-----the Bourbon St walk with the band, the Cajun party, the graduations, I guess the ticket handling, the hotel with the players and staff, the pre game pep rallies----although the many flaws of the previous group, they did the bowls quite well-----talk about expectations for the future, that sea of RED around the top and bottom of the Dome extending around both end zones----thought we had become maybe the top G-5 in the country-----fame is fleeting???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

thought we had become maybe the top G-5 in the country

-fame is fleeting???

We definitely were nowhere near that distinction. We all thought we were on a fast track to the top of the list though.

4. Default Re: N O Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    We definitely were nowhere near that distinction. We all thought we were on a fast track to the top of the list though.
    Well with our 40k stadium, great other facilities in other sports, with top 10 attendance in 2 (baseball and softball), upward moving academic status, conference champs in all sports of statue, and 40-45k at a bowl.what or how or who tops that?

5. Default Re: N O Bowl

Well with our 40k stadium, great other facilities in other sports, with top 10 attendance in 2 (baseball and softball), upward moving academic status, conference champs in all sports of statue, and 40-45k at a bowl.what or how or who tops that?
    Damn Boomer. Sounds like everything is A O K. Why In The hell is everyone complaining?

6. Default Re: N O Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Damn Boomer. Sounds like everything is A O K. Why In The hell is everyone complaining?
    .this was then! But we can get back starting with more butts Saturdaybtw, check out the stands on the Ball St vs Cent Michigan game!!!

Our football stadium is a junker. We are in desperate need of a complete renovation.

8. Default Re: N O Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Our football stadium is a junker. We are in desperate need of a complete renovation.
    I have been in my seats since about '77. Enjoy them as much as the new baseball seats.but like what was said after one of our sell outsthat looks damn good!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Going to NOLA after losing to ULM would be a poorly attended game, and losing that game would lead to a poorly attended game vs. Miss St. next season.

We need to be very careful about going to the NOLA Bowl at all costs. Other than playing latech in NOLA, I would seek Bowl games elsewhere this season. The timing is just not right.
    We’re not turning down anyone. If NOLA comes calling, we take it.

Maybe it would be poorly attended but I doubt it. Also, you don't turn down a bowl game, especially with what has gone on around here for the past few years. I don't think we have any room to be able to turn a game down, especially in our backyard and I don't think losing the bowl game would have any affect on the MS State game next season.

Once we win this thing, I believe Maggard will have the choice of several bowls, he and Napier will make the best choice for a host of reasons.

12. Default Re: N O Bowl

It was the expectation of choice that did Tech in.

Choice can be a slippery slope, but I'd still take choice over no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Maybe it would be poorly attended but I doubt it. Also, you don't turn down a bowl game, especially with what has gone on around here for the past few years. I don't think we have any room to be able to turn a game down, especially in our backyard and I don't think losing the bowl game would have any affect on the MS State game next season.
    Never said we turn down a Bowl offer, a' la' latech. I am saying if we are given a choice, we go elsewhere, unless they offer us latech.

And, yes, going to NOLA this year will have an effect on attendance for the Miss St. game. I know this because back to back NOLA Bowls has equaled less attendance.

Never said we turn down a Bowl offer, a' la' latech. I am saying if we are given a choice, we go elsewhere, unless they offer us latech.

And, yes, going to NOLA this year will have an effect on attendance for the Miss St. game. I know this because back to back NOLA Bowls has equaled less attendance.
    I thought the first three were increases with the last one going down.

It won't have an effect as much as you would think. It's the first game of the season against an SEC opponent on Labor Day weekend in New Orleans. I'm sure many Cajun fans will make the effort to go.

2011-2013 saw increases in attendance for the NOLA Bowl. 2014 had decreased attendance due to a 10 AM kickoff, and the 2016 NOLA Bowl was right after the locker room video and Hud's comments about the fan base. So, it's safe to say that the apathy that still lingers today started around the time of the 2016 NOLA Bowl.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information