Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: N O Bowl

Default Re: N O Bowl

Looked it up. You're correct. Geaux Cajuns.

ULMost should wait and see where El Aye Tech U @ Ruston-Downtown decides to go (Indy or NO) and then try to get the invite there. Gonna be fun to watch the Doggie try to dodge the Monrovians again. "The" Flagship of the North that's afraid to play school from North El Aye.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    The thing about this.if all do get eligible, think the N O Bowl would love Cajuns and Tulane.next Cajuns and ltur key word for any school in the country ( g-5)Cajuns!
    NOLA is SBC vs CUSA, Boomer. Tulane will NOT be playing there, unless odd circumstances occur.

We just need to win the next 3 games! I don’t care where they are played at. Then with the way our fan base has been I’ll be happy with going to the Camelia bowl.

UL Football Re: N O Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    NOLA is SBC vs CUSA, Boomer. Tulane will NOT be playing there, unless odd circumstances occur.
    FYI, CUSA teams that are bowl eligible and/or can still become eligible:

CUSA East
    Mid Tenn (7-3)
    FIU (7-3)
    Marshall (6-3)
    Charlotte (4-6)
    FAU (5-5)

CUSA West
    UAB (9-1)
    LA Tech (7-3)
    N. Texas (7-3)
    S. Miss (4-5)

How about UAB? That is a story.

UAB is 9-1?

Didn't they just re-start their program 2 or 3 years ago??

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We just need to win the next 3 games! I don't care where they are played at. Then with the way our fan base has been I'll be happy with going to the Camelia bowl.
    I agree and would rather go to a podunk bowl this year and actually have a reason (ie scapegoat) for poor attendance

Going to NOLA this year would put a big stink on our attendance history there. It would ruin our attendance reputation and hurt future opps in NOLA. 💯

UAB hired a solid head coach et reloaded heavily with a couple dozen 3 star JUCO on their football reboot. Their defense is talented.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    They refuse to play ULM in football for some reason
    They will not turn down a bowl game again unless there is a guaranteed offer from someone else, ULM or not.

If both ULM and UL become eligible, what an epic meltdown on Barfs and Bytes awaits.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I agree and would rather go to a podunk bowl this year and actually have a reason (ie scapegoat) for poor attendance

Going to NOLA this year would put a big stink on our attendance history there. It would ruin our attendance reputation and hurt future opps in NOLA. 💯
    Perhaps, though with Hud's last crappy team to appear there against USM there were still something like 34,000 in attendance. I guess it would depend on the opponent.

I will say this though. If this team makes it to 6 wins, it'll be one 6 win team that definitely deserves a bowl game as opposed to so many teams who have underachieved by hitting the same mark.

Is there a chance that we get to 6 wins and stay home? Our attendance has been garbage, but we have a good history of showing up for bowls.

I’d love to play tech in Nola. We owe them for some serious beat downs

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Is there a chance that we get to 6 wins and stay home? Our attendance has been garbage, but we have a good history of showing up for bowls.
    No, there is not a chance we stay home with 6 wins. There are generally too many bowl games compared to the number of eligible teams.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information