Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
I’m just baffled that people are mad after we lose to a top 10 team. Our players are not nearly as good. I did not see the entire game, but I thought we competed to the best of our abilities. I do get the frustration with losing to bottom tier P5 teams. We were better than LSU last year, but still lost. Those are games we have to start winning. As I said last post, our expectations this year should be a conference championship and a NCAA birth.
Once again, there is always an overreaction to the overreaction. People are not waking up this morning saying we suck, we couldn't even beat that #6 ranked team on the road. Marlin Sucks. Every time people complain about not even being able to compete with these teams, it turns into we have too high of expectations or our goals are out of whack. You see it everyday, a lesser profile team goes into a larger school's gym and competes with them, with the occasional upset. I saw Army go into Duke yesterday and give them much more of a game than Duke wanted. They lost by 22 but that game was 4-6 points in the second half AT Duke which is usually a 10 point advantage for them anyhow.