Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: MBB G2 Final: Louisiana 65, Tennessee 87

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Some of you do realize that we are playing the #6 team in the country right?
    There is no reason why Louisiana should not have a good mid major basketball team that competes with top 25 teams. It happens all over the country. You need 5 good players and a good coach. I’ve seen it happen here before when I was in college. We used to compete with these teams not long ago. Most of you may not like Jessie Evans but that was the last time we would compete with top 25 teams. Just saying.

Default Re: MBB G2 GameOn: Louisiana at Tennessee

Jessie's teams could indeed compete. ANd had off court issues and other "issues". But they would handle any Marlin team any day. I'm not expecting to win this game against a potential sweet sixteen school. Just show up better after 8 years

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Jessie's teams could indeed compete. ANd had off court issues and other "issues". But they would handle any Marlin team any day. I'm not expecting to win this game against a potential sweet sixteen school. Just show up better after 8 years
    IKR. Just would be nice to compete. Basketball is not like Football where you need a whole village. It’s just disappointing to get ___ whopping after ___ whopping by these so called P5 teams.

Guess I’m getting old.
    The dome was rocking back in the late 90s early 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Southern Illinois is only down 2 at half vs the #2 team

Correction beating the #2 early 2nd half
    Kentucky = Grossly overrated to date. Duke throttled them by 30+

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    IKR. Just would be nice to compete. Basketball is not like Football where you need a whole village. It’s just disappointing to get ___ whopping after ___ whopping by these so called P5 teams.

Guess I’m getting old.
    The dome was rocking back in the late 90s early 2000s.
    We lost to P5 teams back then too. I think people are overestimating how good Evan’s teams were. There were lots of meh years. And the years where we were exceptional our RPI was in the 60’s-80’s which is right where we finished last year.

I too miss the days where the dome was packed and loud. It’s not Marlin’s fault that the fans don’t show up and get loud like they used to. That’s on us.

We do not have big boy basketball. Big boy basketball was in the 1970s and some in the 1980s. Did not keep the tradition going

7. UL Basketball Re: MBB G2 GameOn: Louisiana at Tennessee

22 I'll take it

Got to shoot better than 39% and play better defense. UT is a top 10 team, but we’re striving for more than the NIT. We’ve got to compete.

Geez, Some of you guys love this kind of basketball

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Kentucky = Grossly overrated to date. Duke throttled them by 30+
    Kentucky would still skull drag us

But year 9 and a 22 point loss against good teams is a win for some yay for mediocrity

NCAA or Bust

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Kentucky would still skull drag us

But year 9 and a 22 point loss against good teams is a win for some yay for mediocrity
    I have a friendly bet with a Kansas alum. He gave me 40.

13. Default Re: MBB G2 GameOn: Louisiana at Tennessee

So how we feeling about the basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Like eating the Chinese buffet 7 nights a weekgeez

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It’s the annual discussion, no biggie. One camp thinks the coach is horrible, the schedule is either too soft or we should be competing with #1 Kansas and #6 Tennessee (Alabama and Oklahoma for football equlivants). Another camp longs for the days of Marty and Jessie with an occasional marquee win. Then there’s the camp that remembers Blackham and beating #1 Georgetown, Kansas, Michigan State, etc and those days are not coming back because the deck is stacked thanks to ESPN and the P5 plan. And some simply like basketball. Cut and paste for next year.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information