Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Lamson Park Is Getting Turf

Default Re: Lamson Park Is Getting Turf

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I was told you cannot buy a $60 parking pass unless you're at the $2,500 foundation level.
    That's what was on our season ticket packet.

I was told you cannot buy a $60 parking pass unless you're at the $2,500 foundation level.
    I have one for basketball and I can assure you I'm not at that level. Maybe softball is different?

Addendum: When looking at the RCAF website I do see the softball parking in Lot A (which isn't shown on their parking maps but is the only lot listed for softball) which I assume is the one directly in front of the stadium requires a $2500 minimum donation. I'm guessing Cajun Field parking is still free based on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Sounds like a great deal to me. This is a non-issue. Everyone, carry on.
    Yep, a premium option to those that want it.

I Just called RCAF. Here's the deal. Parking for softball at Cajun Field will be free. To park in the Lamson parking lot, including Bourgeois Hall, you can buy a $60 parking pass if you are at the $2,500 annual fund level. Otherwise, if spaces are available, it will cost you $10.
    That clears it up. Parking is still free at Cajun Field. And yes MAT, I can tell you that if people were going to have to pay $10/game to park at Cajun Field, attendance definitely would have gone down.

Parking still free at Cajun Field? But we were told that we can’t give away state property. So what is it then?

6. Default Re: Lamson Park Is Getting Turf

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    That clears it up. Parking is still free at Cajun Field. And yes MAT, I can tell you that if people were going to have to pay $10/game to park at Cajun Field, attendance definitely would have gone down.
    I cant understand that. It did not affect football attendance at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Parking still free at Cajun Field? But we were told that we can’t give away state property. So what is it then?
    the $10 parking would have hurt the car show

8. Default Re: Lamson Park Is Getting Turf

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Loan

9. Default Re: Lamson Park Is Getting Turf

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    the $10 parking would have hurt the car show
    Brilliant. We can set up to charge for parking for UL for the car show.

10. Default Re: Lamson Park Is Getting Turf

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Brilliant. We can set up to charge for parking for UL for the car show.
    How long before the C Show closes?

11. Default Re: Lamson Park Is Getting Turf

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    How long before the C Show closes?
    Parking should be free when it is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    There was a letter that went to RCAF members stating parking fees will be charged for basketball, baseball, and softball. However, I have heard that the fees for the diamond sports is being reconsidered. My opinion is that baseball and softball will not have parking fees this year. Not sure if that has been decided, simply my opinion on what the outcome will be here.
    On the RCAF benefits page it shows general parking, Lot A and Lot B for baseball. They moved Lot A from last years spot. It is now a tailgating area.

I know they've been sending out some construction photos on twitter and other social media platforms showing them stretching the turf, but it looks like they are starting to cut in the logos. Can you say LARGE. I like the FDL on deck batter areas and the red highlights down the right/left field lines and the warning track. It also looks like they are leaving the previous turf installation along the wall and behind home plate from first to third base.

14. UL Softball Re: Lamson Park Is Getting Turf

I love the Ragin'Cajuns, but visual perspectives may make it look like a red and white blob near ground level. Kind of like the swamp floor at the Cajun Dome. It looks a lot better as an illustration on paper than on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I know they've been sending out some construction photos on twitter and other social media platforms showing them stretching the turf, but it looks like they are starting to cut in the logos. Can you say LARGE. I like the FDL on deck batter areas and the red highlights down the right/left field lines and the warning track. It also looks like they are leaving the previous turf installation along the wall and behind home plate from first to third base.
    The field is really gonna look nice. I hope they replace the outfield fence, it's really gotten bad. Also, please put padding on the brick walls down the right and left field lines. Don't understand why this hasn't been done before, many potential injuries.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information