Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kansas Fires Head Coach

Default Kansas Fires Head Coach

No surprise here. Let all the Tony Hull love start, although not sure where you fit him in on this staff.

I think he could end up at SMU. As much as I hate to admit, but Dykes is putting together a good season, with an impressive upset of Houston this weekend AND they are having good success recruiting East Texas and North Louisiana.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41042318-4

Default Re: Kansas Fires Head Coach

Hull is a guy you “Find” a spot for!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    Hull is a guy you "Find" a spot for!
    Definitely, you move one of the position coaches to strictly recruit side of the house and give Hall a job. Having both Hall & Juke is like gathering all the NOLA infity stones

So here are our offensive coaches: Sale, Juluke, Leger, Desormeaux and Looney. Only guy I see moving is Looney, but then you are looking at adding another $250-$350k in salary with Hull as well.

Not saying we can't/won't do it, but not as easy as it would seem.

Maggard are you reading??? Make this happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41042318-4

No surprise here. Let all the Tony Hull love start, although not sure where you fit him in on this staff.

I think he could end up at SMU. As much as I hate to admit, but Dykes is putting together a good season, with an impressive upset of Houston this weekend AND they are having good success recruiting East Texas and North Louisiana.
    Okay, so here is something you guys clearly aren't aware of concerning Tony Hall. First, Tony Hall is a Baldwin era player that has no interest in being involved with UL. He isn't a member of the Gridiron Club and he was not happy with the termination of Baldwin. If you can read between the lines you now understand he is not going to be talking to anyone at UL about a job.

Was not aware of that with Hull. Just means he has a chip on his shoulder recruiting against us, wherever he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Okay, so here is something you guys clearly aren't aware of concerning Tony Hall. First, Tony Hall is a Baldwin era player that has no interest in being involved with UL. He isn't a member of the Gridiron Club and he was not happy with the termination of Baldwin. If you can read between the lines you now understand he is not going to be talking to anyone at UL about a job.
    T,

He had interest in the head coaching job at UL after Hud got fired. Whether or not that means he would come back for anything less, I can’t say.

I don't know if I'd even want him here if he felt the Baldwin firing was not justified.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    T,

He had interest in the head coaching job at UL after Hud got fired. Whether or not that means he would come back for anything less, I can’t say.
    I imagine he would listen or interview for a HC job. But in no way would I hire him for HC job until he was a coordinator at the P5 level. He was still a HS coach when Jaluke left Karr HS to coach in college. I don't speak for Hull, but he sure would have to changed his tune if he was interested in coaching at UL.

I imagine he would listen or interview for a HC job. But in no way would I hire him for HC job until he was a coordinator at the P5 level. He was still a HS coach when Jaluke left Karr HS to coach in college. I don't speak for Hull, but he sure would have to changed his tune if he was interested in coaching at UL.
    Well he wasn’t a coordinator but he was the running backs coach and associate head coach in 2017 and he was still referring to UL as his “Ragin Cajun family”. As far as I know his tune has changed. He wanted to come home

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Definitely, you move one of the position coaches to strictly recruit side of the house and give Hall a job. Having both Hall & Juke is like gathering all the NOLA infity stones
    This

I know/ knew Tony well. I wouldn't read into that too much. There are alot of guys from that era that aren't involved with the gridiron club. Not necessarily because they don't want to be but because they don't even know about it

14. Default Re: Kansas Fires Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I know/ knew Tony well. I wouldn't read into that too much. There are alot of guys from that era that aren't involved with the gridiron club. Not necessarily because they don't want to be but because they don't even know about it
    Well not reason for their not knowing as we tried to contact every former player for our great Weekend function early this season.I guess it was possible to miss some but an effort was certainly made!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Well not reason for their not knowing as we tried to contact every former player for our great Weekend function early this season.I guess it was possible to miss some but an effort was certainly made!
    I personally ran into several teammates at the cc game that had no clue. One even tokdme he was in the north end zone RV lot tailgating Friday night and had never been contacted

Great event though and well done . Next year we will spread the word on social media

The reunion is really a great idea and it will grow . The semi younger/ semi older crowd is where the attendance was lacking. We will fix that

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information