Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: G9 Final: Louisiana 16 Troy 26

Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Troy

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Gameplan May have been the same but clearly they are a more talented defense than stAte. Not saying you’re wrong, but I stand by my assessment that we haven’t had offensive success against any team with a decent defense.
    I agree with your assessment and it begins at the QB position. But we all knew this going into this game. I will be there Saturday hoping for a better performance.

Troy is much more disciplined on defense than Arkansas State ever thought of being. They did a much better job of stopping the run, forcing the game into Nunez's hands, especially tougher 3rd down conversions.

Nunez didn't play well, but I also think that Napier is getting about as much as he can out of him as a QB. Outside of RB and WR, this isn't a very talented team and QB is the least talented position on this team.

It is what it is.

3. Default Re: G9 Final: Louisiana 16 Troy 26

From a scheme standpoint, maybe they run similar packages, but Troy corners were much more physical, DLine was much more disciplined, and IMO, the entire defense was smarter. Those guys know their role and react to the ball.

I look forward to the rematch on Dec 1st

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Troy's defense did exactly what the staff expected them to do, ran the same defense as Arkansas State with 7 or 8 in the box and dared us to beat them throwing the ball. Our staff believed Astate were a bit faster on the edges per my conversation. Nothing they did was unexpected, we were just not ready to play.
    Beyond that, I don't think the receivers played well. They had much more trouble getting separation than last week. I may be putting too much on them as the lack of consistency in the running game may have been responsible for that. I also think we missed Mitchell greatly today. Not only can he take it to the house at any time, he is a big factor in the passing game on third down.

Default Re: G9 Final: Louisiana 16 Troy 26

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    From a scheme standpoint, maybe they run similar packages, but Troy corners were much more physical, DLine was much more disciplined, and IMO, the entire defense was smarter. Those guys know their role and react to the ball.

I look forward to the rematch on Dec 1st
    True, but no matter what this team and staff weren't ready to play in the first half. The execution and focus were just not there to be seen. It reminded me of the Coastal Carolina game and this is the second time we've seen this happen in a conference game. Even then, we've competed in every conference game this season, something we haven't seen in a number of years.

T . I agree. For sure, the App State & Troy games would have turned very ugly in the 2H the last few years.

Two things are different. We made good adjustments at halftime AND this team didn't quit after getting man-handled in the 1st half.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    True, but no matter what this team and staff weren't ready to play in the first half. The execution and focus were just not there to be seen. It reminded me of the Coastal Carolina game and this is the second time we've seen this happen in a conference game. Even then, we've competed in every conference game this season, something he haven't seen in a number of years.
    Agree with that. Especially in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Yep View Post
    If you’re going to lose one of the last 4, this was the one to lose. Two very winnable games coming up at home to get us bowl eligible, and then we’re off to South Arkansas to play for a West Division title and a chance to play in the first ever Sunbelt Championship game. We didn’t play well AT ALL today (at all, at all) and only lost by 10 to a very good Troy team. We will bounce back and make a run. Glass half full.
    100% agree

The difference between Hud’s first team and Napier’s first team? Blaine Gautier

That is one difference, but the biggest difference, IMO, is Hud had White, Bentley, Gibson as DBs. That is a huge upgrade over our existing DBs.

11. Default Re: G9 Final: Louisiana 16 Troy 26

We need to stop comparing HUD’s first team to Napier’s first team. If Hud would have left Napier what Bustle left him, we would be in the Access Bowl conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunnewby View Post
    We need a friggin QB. Nuff said!
    I couldn't agree with you more. Not asking for the third guy to start but wish we could have seen him play in a game this year. I hope we get a good JUCO transfer next year I don't see our true freshman leading us unless he is a Jake type player. Why can't or couldn't we recruit and develop a darn quarterback.

Is all of this because of miss assignments and routes,? If so after nine games, you can put our performance on coaching. But if they run their routes and assignments on every play, than lack of talent is the culprit.

But even the #3 team in the nation can lay a goose egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    But even the #3 team in the nation can lay a goose egg.
    I don't think an egg was laid one bit. Alabama is just that dominant.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread Information