Thread: A Different Approach

1. UL Football A Different Approach

There’s a new sheriff in Cajun country.

He’s reached the halfway point of his first season as UL’s head coach, and anxiously awaits the start of the season half when the Ragin' Cajuns visits Appalachian State on Saturday afternoon.

Billy Napier does things differently than Mark Hudspeth did during the latter’s seven seasons as coach

Default Re: A Different Approach

This is the article that each one of our Ragin Pagers need to read, especially the ones who panic when things don't go well. The process will eventually work, but we need to get some more personnel on defense to see big time success. I am confident that Napier has gotten buy in from his players. That is a good first step. They could have laid down against Texas State and NMSU after the beat down at the number one team in the nation, but they did not get down. That tells me something good is happening. It may not happen this year, but it will happen eventually.

From speaking to the HC and staffspeaking to those who speak to playerseverything in this article rings true to me.

Yup!!! Rome was not built in a day. The fact that we are overachieving probably at this point points to a better future. Taking guys and coaching them up and the changing process is encouraging. Make no mistake, wee got a long way to go no doubt. But the fact we have our players in the mindset of not throwing in the towel is encouraging. We just need that one damn victory that we were not supposed to win to give us that booster shot

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    From speaking to the HC and staffspeaking to those who speak to playerseverything in this article rings true to me.
    Good to know.

Excellent article!

7. Default Re: A Different Approach

Everything in this article is happening. Everything.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

A little patience will be well rewarded, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I agree it all rings true. The other thing I like is that something happened before the Coastal game and it hasn't come out, it has stayed internal . for the most part. That is a great sign, IMO. If a team isn't together, leaks happen, people with their own agenda try to sink you, etc.

What I saw Saturday was a far different team than the last Louisiana team I saw in Boone. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a rematch on December 1. Be patient, Cajuns. Napier has you headed in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by AppFan82 View Post
    What I saw Saturday was a far different team than the last Louisiana team I saw in Boone. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a rematch on December 1. Be patient, Cajuns. Napier has you headed in the right direction.
    I think you saw the same thing we Cajuns are starting to see.

Brick, by brick, by brick

13. Default Re: A Different Approach

Quote Originally Posted by AppFan82 View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement.

Thread Information