Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G7: Louisiana 17, App St. 27

Default Re: G7 Final: Louisiana 17, App St. 27

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Coach Napier has my complete support and I believe he is capable of getting this team to where we want it to be. He also is not above criticism. I'm sure he would admit, he is learning and he makes mistakes too. At 3rd and 2, at the 12, we ran Mitchell off the right guard/tackle and got nowhere. I think most would say Ragas is our tough inside runner. What do we do, we run the exact same play again with Mitchell and fail again. Tactically, not a good call. So many other possibilities at that point.
    Mitchell chose to run behind the tackle rather than hit the hole between the center and guard. The replay showed he made a poor decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Agree with that view. In post game, he said he questions himself about some things that happened offensively. I immediately thought about that sequence when I heard those remarks. I just believe in the long term he wants to be able to consistently pick up third or fourth and short by running the ball. No doubt it was a questionable decision to try it yesterday at this stage against that defense.
    Again....on 4th and 2 if Mitchell hits it up the a gap where the play was designed to go it's a 1st down.....he got impatient and didn't trust the hole being there

3. Default Re: G7 Final: Louisiana 17, App St. 27

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Again....on 4th and 2 if Mitchell hits it up the a gap where the play was designed to go it's a 1st down.....he got impatient and didn't trust the hole being there
    And I guess from watching the board immediately after the play, it was the COACH's fault? Just WOW.

im disappointed we lost but this is the best we played against a top 25 team in a lonnnnngggg time

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Mitchell chose to run behind the tackle rather than hit the whole between the center and guard. The replay showed he made a poor decision.
    Thanks for the explanation. There was absolutely nowhere to go where he chose to attack. Not always easy for us to determine what happened by some of us novices at the game. Probably one of those "correctable" mistakes coaches always mention. Of course the player has to make that decision in a nano second so it is easy to second guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    No, but been there done that to many times to count. Miserable for sure.
    Actually, I can only think of one other time when the team had to spend a second night on the road. There have been delays more than once, but not to the point where a second night on the road was necessary.

There was a malfunction with the plane. The team was told about it after leaving the stadium and they were told they wouldn't be returning. The guys who handle the travel busted their butts to make sure rooms were secured. It took three hotels in two cities (Kingsport and Johnson City, TN) to get everyone accomodated.

This was much better than the last time when everyone sat on the plane for over two hours before finding out they couldn't fly out. That was in 2011 after pounding MTSU.

But there were no issues today and the team arrived at 11:45am.

No one mentioned this, but LaDarrius Kidd may have had the best game of his career yesterday.

LaDarrius the Kidd

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    No one mentioned this, but LaDarrius Kidd may have had the best game of his career yesterday.
    No question about that.....he was gap secure and actually made tackles thru contact...

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And I guess from watching the board immediately after the play, it was the COACH's fault? Just WOW.
    If Ragas was in there, he probably would have hit the hole... or made one. Isn't that a coach's fault? Basin and T explained what Mitchell didn't do that he should have (something that can be a split fault between an athlete and coaching). But despite the observation that a different decision by Mitchell appears to exonerate the coaching staff... it actually does not. It just points out a fact.

Good plays get screwed up by athlete mistakes. And bad plays sometimes go well due to great athletes. If we can't point out all of them... we shouldn't discuss any of them.

Geaux Napier! Geaux Cajuns!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    No question about that.....he was gap secure and actually made tackles thru contact...
    I hope the entire defense is elevating... and they may be. But it's true that one or two great, big engine, big heart defensive athletes can elevate an entire defense almost single handedly.

Young guys on defense are growing up, we get some guys back from injury, get manac back next week and i think you see a much improved defense

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Young guys on defense are growing up, we get some guys back from injury, get manac back next week and i think you see a much improved defense
    Good post

14. Default Re: G7 Final: Louisiana 17, App St. 27

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    If Ragas was in there, he probably would have hit the hole... or made one. Isn't that a coach's fault? Basin and T explained what Mitchell didn't do that he should have (something that can be a split fault between an athlete and coaching). But despite the observation that a different decision by Mitchell appears to exonerate the coaching staff... it actually does not. It just points out a fact.

Good plays get screwed up by athlete mistakes. And bad plays sometimes go well due to great athletes. If we can't point out all of them... we shouldn't discuss any of them.

Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

Exactly, well said. Some people just can't see it and want to make excuses. Ultimately it's the Coach.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread Information