Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G7: Louisiana 17, App St. 27

Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs. App St.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You can talk about a 3 year rebuild until you are blue in the face, but today's game indicates to me we are 1 QB and a few more solid defenders away from challenging the top of the conference.

As for Nunez, it's not all of his fault, give the App. State defense some credit as well. But to say he was off is saying that he hasn't done similar things this season in other games. He is all we have, but hasn't been able to deliver the football to his play makers consistently this season. No one is asking him to carry this team on his back, but to be more consistent in managing the offensive game plan.
    Being 1 QB away is huge though. I don’t know how long it will take for Napier to get a QB up and going but it certainly could take more than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Being 1 QB away is huge though. I don’t know how long it will take for Napier to get a QB up and going but it certainly could take more than a year.
    A transfer would be huge until someone comes along more capable. At a minimum , he could be really good back up.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    A transfer would be huge until someone comes along more capable. At a minimum , he could be really good back uyeahp.
    A transfer could help and we definitely need some depth next year. Counting on a true freshmen is a long shot. I agree with T, in our current QB assessment. Napier must make it the highest priority, his career will depend this, his ability to fill this critical position with an effective passer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    T ... I have been one of the biggest voices on the 3 year rebuild, but let me clarify what I mean by that. I think we are 3 years away from competing for one of the top spots in the G5. As far as the Sun Belt, I had us at 6-6 or 7-5 at best. After today, I think we have a legit shot at the Western Title this season, and am not scared to go back to Boone in early December.

In one of my posts, I said to really wait to judge this team/staff until the 2H of the season. It wasn't a win, but the 2H of the season is off to a good start, without getting a win. Going on the road and putting that performance up is a good start. To make it impressive, would be to follow up with another strong effort, that results in a win against Ark St.

We absolutely should be competing for Sunbelt championship next season and G5 power in year 3.
    I don't want to get that far ahead in thinking about the top of the G5, I would settle for winning our first outright SBC title. I've seen enough up to this point to think we can be close next season provided we fine a QB that can make all the throws and play consistently. And add a few more pieces on defense beyond the improvement of our current players. We get Dillon, Ochoa and Hayes back in the spring, that's a good start.

We still have a shot at Arkansas State and the West Division. But the margin for error is small against App. State, Ark State and Troy. Play a complete game in all phases and we have a chance.

A transfer could help and we definitely need some depth next year. Counting on a true freshmen is a long shot. I agree with T, in our current QB assessment. Napier must make it the highest priority, his career will depend this, his ability to fill this critical position with an effective passer.
    I agree 100%. Our D line is decent , just needs more depth. Our O line is good, RB's excellent. WR above average. Qb is a huge gaping hole. Our QB's are adequate against below average teams. But any team with D backs with good speed and ability, they cant throw into tight holes or anything.

There is no doubt in my mind, at a crucial time, we are at the goal line and Napier calls the same run play twice in a row, because of our inability to throw a pass.

We will finish 8-4 and get another crack at App. St.

8. Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs. App St.

Quote Originally Posted by Yep View Post
    We will finish 8-4 and get another crack at App. St.
    .......Just thinking back on some game plays....I think on the interception our guy might not have gone down but actually spun around and kept his balance....any comments, the replay was very quickly done!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .......Just thinking back on some game plays....I think on the interception our guy might not have gone down but actually spun around and kept his balance....any comments, the replay was very quickly done!
    He was not down. There were some very questionable calls in the first half that went against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I mentioned that during the game. The kid was never down.

We were ripped off on that play.

There is no doubt in my mind, at a crucial time, we are at the goal line and Napier calls the same run play twice in a row, because of our inability to throw a pass.
    And if Mitchell takes it up the middle instead of trying to bounce it outside it's a 1st down.....got impatient

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Most said we had to be perfect today. We didn't. But we weren't even close. We beat ASU next week and we still control our own destiny?
    Yes. Cajuns can lose to either Troy or Georgia State (not both) and still play in the championship game. Defeat the 3 western division opponents (2 @ home, other @ Monroe), 1 of the other 2 and head to Boone, Statesboro or Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I wear ear muffs with s radio and I can't stand the music so I don't pay attention to it. I just know its bad.
    The only good thing about listening to an away game is I don't have to listen to the torturous 'In between plays' tune that our band plays 200 times a game. Drives me crazy

Why we couldn't get the run game going today is a mystery. Our O line just didn't have it today. It's frustrating that UL has been D1 for like 100 yrs and a team like app st comes along and dominates the first five yrs of their existence. Just seems unfair. I guess all we can do is to continue to push on and try to get better and keep a positive attitude. Geaux Cajuns.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    T ... I have been one of the biggest voices on the 3 year rebuild, but let me clarify what I mean by that. I think we are 3 years away from competing for one of the top spots in the G5. As far as the Sun Belt, I had us at 6-6 or 7-5 at best. After today, I think we have a legit shot at the Western Title this season, and am not scared to go back to Boone in early December.

In one of my posts, I said to really wait to judge this team/staff until the 2H of the season. It wasn't a win, but the 2H of the season is off to a good start, without getting a win. Going on the road and putting that performance up is a good start. To make it impressive, would be to follow up with another strong effort, that results in a win against Ark St.

We absolutely should be competing for Sunbelt championship next season and G5 power in year 3.
    So in year three we'll be at the same level as Houston, Boise, UCF, and USF?

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread Information