Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    This weekend shouldn't be a gauge of future attendance at UL home games. there were 3 festivals in the area, and if you tried to get a hotel last weekend you would know that it was almost impossible to get 2 nights at a reasonable price. It took me calling most hotels in the reasonable area to Cajun Field just to get aa room for two nights and that was Thursday-Friday and had no chance for a room for Saturday. We ended up at Best Western Vermillion for those two nights and ended up leaving after a shootout in the parking lot at 2:30 am.
    This wasn't a normal weekend, supply was low, rates were high and that is a possible reason for some of the attendance number drop.
    Attendance was disappointing but it’s being blown out of proportion, A lot of variables this weekend.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Attendance was disappointing but it’s being blown out of proportion, A lot of variables this weekend.
    Attendance was embarrassing, and everyone that matters in our Admin (and partners) noticed. It is absolutely not being blown out of proportion.

Default Re: Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Bring the Keg back to its glory days, but cheerleaders on the roof and get some businesses to sponsor an open bar tab for anyone with a game used ticket.
    To get the Keg back to its Glory days, you'd need to get the ATC out of the way if you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    This weekend shouldn't be a gauge of future attendance at UL home games. there were 3 festivals in the area, and if you tried to get a hotel last weekend you would know that it was almost impossible to get 2 nights at a reasonable price. It took me calling most hotels in the reasonable area to Cajun Field just to get aa room for two nights and that was Thursday-Friday and had no chance for a room for Saturday. We ended up at Best Western Vermillion for those two nights and ended up leaving after a shootout in the parking lot at 2:30 am.
    This wasn't a normal weekend, supply was low, rates were high and that is a possible reason for some of the attendance number drop.
    Ahh. So that's why you heard gunshots at your hotel. Makes sense now

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    What if i told you.not everything will be exactly the way YOU like it? If the music played is so overwhelming for you to handlestay home.
    I think we need a live mascot at the games.
    Maybe a guy with big teeth that is dressed up like a sterotypical Cajun and has funny jokes
    How do we make that happen?

Attendance was embarrassing, and everyone that matters in our Admin (and partners) noticed. It is absolutely not being blown out of proportion.
    There are issues and if homecoming was last weekend or next weekend attendance would have been a lot better but the same issues would still be there. It was magnified by the circumstances of the weekend.

7. Default

There are issues and if homecoming was last weekend or next weekend attendance would have been a lot better but the same issues would still be there. It was magnified by the circumstances of the weekend.
    Every weekend there is an excuse.

Every weekend there is an excuse.
    Agreed, so until we put out something the casual people want to be a part of there will always be an excuse or something better to do. You can’t make people do anything, they have to want to. So the administration needs to find what that is and make it happen. There is no easy answer. Last weekend there were obviously several things going on that people rather do than Cajun football.

9. Default

Agreed, so until we put out something the casual people want to be a part of there will always be an excuse or something better to do. You can’t make people do anything, they have to want to. So the administration needs to find what that is and make it happen. There is no easy answer. Last weekend there were obviously several things going on that people rather do than Cajun football.
    We agree on that. The product on the field has to be special in order to change our football environment from awful to special. No doubt.

Duggie, you have to have a small "hot water bottle". Wild Turkey dilemma SOLVED.

We agree on that. The product on the field has to be special in order to change our football environment from awful to special. No doubt.
    I think we all agree that the product on the field and winning will cure everything.

The problem is winning appears like it may be 2-3 years down the road. The university will have to do things to help the transition go smoothly during this 2-3 year wait. Raising the prices on most everything during this waiting period may be necessary, but it is really bad timing. I consider myself a die-hard and the prices don't personally change what I do on Saturdays, but to most casual fans they are not going to pony up extra money during down years.

Offensive performance was special. While the focus on people there is appropriate, I don’t think enough recognition has been given to that accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    I think we all agree that the product on the field and winning will cure everything.

The problem is winning appears like it may be 2-3 years down the road. The university will have to do things to help the transition go smoothly during this 2-3 year wait. Raising the prices on most everything during this waiting period may be necessary, but it is really bad timing. I consider myself a die-hard and the prices don't personally change what I do on Saturdays, but to most casual fans they are not going to pony up extra money during down years.
    While very true, it's also a very risky gamble that the administration is taking hoping that Napier wins. What it tells me is that they believe that Napier is the guy that will turn this thing around. It also tells me that even though Hud brought us to our peak, he also brought us on a decline right after that we will feel for another few years.

Hopefully, that turnaround happens sooner than later.

Does anyone at the University have a clue about supply-demand? The stadium is 3/4 empty and they raise ticket prices. If you are sitting a ton of inventory you can't sell at the current price, raising the price will not help.

I'm to the point where I wish for at least one game they would let people in for free until the south endzone and visitors side was filled. Is there even enough people who would come for free to fill those areas? If not, you definitely can't expect to sell tickets to fill it up.

Let them in for free one game and at least give us the joy of seeing a full stadium. If anything, it will boost concession sales.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Does anyone at the University have a clue about supply-demand? The stadium is 3/4 empty and they raise ticket prices. If you are sitting a ton of inventory you can't sell at the current price, raising the price will not help.

I'm to the point where I wish for at least one game they would let people in for free until the south endzone and visitors side was filled. Is there even enough people who would come for free to fill those areas? If not, you definitely can't expect to sell tickets to fill it up.

Let them in for free one game and at least give us the joy of seeing a full stadium. If anything, it will boost concession sales.
    Right now, I wouldn't mind offering ticket discounts for home games closer to the end of the season. Whether it is "Ticket Redemption Night" or "Take a Kid to the Game for Free Night," find a way to pack the stadium.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information