Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion

1. Default Re: Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Big event Oct 20th
    Kracklin Kookoff?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Big event Oct 20th
    My son’s fourth birthday?? How’d you know??

Default Re: Suggestion

Game 3 survey up on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I understand the sentiment behind this, but I am not sure what it would achieve. We are not in the late 1900's any longer, and the finances of college athletics of the late 1900's are LONG gone.

Attendance may increase, but what do you attribute it to . the opponent, the ticket price, the concession price, the atmosphere? I'm all for experimenting, but you have to change as few variables as possible to get any reliable data.
    I wasn’t necessarily saying make it a permanent change, but simply a one time event to see how it would be received. Who knows, if well recieved, possibly try it again. If not, throw the idea in the trash!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    After reading several threads and listening to people complain about attendance and game day atmosphere, I have a suggestion that probably many people will not agree with, but here it is.

Various schools and teams (pro ands college) sometime wear "throwback" uniforms for a game or two during the season. What do you think about maybe having a "throwback game" at Cajun Field to see how the crowd reacts.

What do I mean by a "throwback game"?

1. Lower ticket prices by maybe $5.00 for the throwback game.
    2. Lower concession prices to 1/2 price for the throwback game.
    3. Turn off the music on the scoreboard for the throwback game and just utilize the graphics (like the old days).
    4. Allow the band to play throughout the game.
    5. Let the cheerleaders attempt to get fans engaged.
    6. Have the P.A. announcer just announce game information and no other attempts to engage the fans.
    7. etc, etc, etc.

All of these things are how football games used to be in the late 1900's. It was up to the fans to create the excitement, if there was going to be any. Many younger fans, have never been to a game under such circumstances and may not even know what to do or how to react! I would love to see how a game like that would be received by the masses.

I, for one, can tolerate all of the music and artificial noise being piped into the stadium, but I go to the games for the action on the field. That is all I really care about, in addition to whether or not the Cajuns win or lose.

I'd be very interested to see how the rest of the fan base would handle such a game and atmosphere. I think it would be very interesting.
    I like the idea better than the white out or black out games. In this college football climate where universities around the country are collectively struggling with attendance, anything that puts butts in the seats is worth a shot. I was always a fan of having Hud wrestle a bear at half time. PETA may have had a fit once the bear got knocked out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I wasn’t necessarily saying make it a permanent change, but simply a one time event to see how it would be received. Who knows, if well recieved, possibly try it again. If not, throw the idea in the trash!
    Right but the super loud crappy music gone forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I’m OK with that!!! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Damn!!!! I don’t normally visit that site, but while watching the Packers & 49ers and Dodgers & Brewers I decided to hit your link!!! It is pretty scary that the same basic idea I was thinking of is posted there. I guess there are more people than we think prefer what going to games used to be like! Unbelievable how similar the two posts are. Crazy stuff!

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Mike, it's the music played during the game that people think is killing the game day experience, including me. I sit in D2, and the sentiment is unanimous with everybody around me.
    100% correct!

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I agree 100%.

What if i told you.not everything will be exactly the way YOU like it? If the music played is so overwhelming for you to handlestay home.

12. Default Re: Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    What if i told you.not everything will be exactly the way YOU like it? If the music played is so overwhelming for you to handlestay home.
    Sounds like lots and lots of people are doing that already.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Sounds like lots and lots of people are doing that already.
    If 10 seconds of music is too overwhelming for youyou probably cant be satisfied anyway. Im not saying some changes arent necessary, but for ____s sake, im so sick of hearing people cry like g_dd_mn children that they dont like the music selection. Youre not at a sock hop and its not 1950! If theres anything at the bottom of the list that matter, its that one!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    That's the problem, they are staying home

This weekend shouldn't be a gauge of future attendance at UL home games. there were 3 festivals in the area, and if you tried to get a hotel last weekend you would know that it was almost impossible to get 2 nights at a reasonable price. It took me calling most hotels in the reasonable area to Cajun Field just to get aa room for two nights and that was Thursday-Friday and had no chance for a room for Saturday. We ended up at Best Western Vermillion for those two nights and ended up leaving after a shootout in the parking lot at 2:30 am.
    This wasn't a normal weekend, supply was low, rates were high and that is a possible reason for some of the attendance number drop.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information