Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Taking time to appreciate Cajuns quarterback Nunez

1. UL Football Taking time to appreciate Cajuns quarterback Nunez

It’s easy to overlook what he does, especially with the ground game UL has relied on so heavily in 2018.

But, before his days with the Ragin’ Cajuns have come and gone, maybe it’s high time to start appreciating senior quarterback Andre Nunez.

Especially now.

The California kid merely went 19-of-25 for 315 yards and five touchdowns with no interceptions in UL’s 66-38 Homecoming win over New Mexico State on Saturday night at Cajun Field.

Default Re: Taking time to appreciate Cajuns quarterback Nunez

Very appreciated. Great job, Andre! Good D-1 QB

Awesome Andre. Keep it up!

nice job Andre keep it up

5. Default Re: Taking time to appreciate Cajuns quarterback Nunez

Made clutch throws. Accuracy returned. Stood in the pocket and delivered the ball.

Way to geaux Dre.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Made clutch throws. Accuracy returned. Stood in the pocket and delivered the ball.

Way to geaux Dre.
    The stats bare out he played his best game as a Ragin Cajun. He executed the offense and delivered the ball to his play makers. His play makers also made him look good, one handed catch by Jackson, long runs after the catch by Bradley and Ragas. The kid wasn't perfect, but he was damn well close to it last night. And that is good enough in this conference.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Very impressive. I was starting to think Napier didn't trust him to throw much more than the little screen passes. He was smart, agile, and used good footwork to deliver a lot of nice passes all over the field.

Great job Nunez.

On a side note to the article, I didn’t realize Roy Henry only had 1 300 yard passing game.

BALLER

10. Default Re: Taking time to appreciate Cajuns quarterback Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Very appreciated. Great job, Andre! Good D-1 QB
    I see what you did there 🤗🤗

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I see what you did there 🤗🤗
    Give him a black dot ⚫️

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The stats bare out he played his best game as a Ragin Cajun. He executed the offense and delivered the ball to his play makers. His play makers also made him look good, one handed catch by Jackson, long runs after the catch by Bradley and Ragas. The kid wasn't perfect, but he was damn well close to it last night. And that is good enough in this conference.
    Nunez has played better this season than I ever imagined he would. In fact, replacing him is a key concern for next season at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Nunez has played better this season than I ever imagined he would. In fact, replacing him is a key concern for next season at this stage.
    This is his best performance by far as a Ragin Cajun. He had been inconsistent up to this point, even if you remove the Alabama game. Of course no one should expect him to throw 4 or 5 TDs every week. He faces two of the best CB's in the conference this week and defenses. As long as he gets the ball to his play makers, the offense will be productive.

One thing I can say is the play calling under Napier is not boneheaded like under Hud. I mean Huds first year was amazing, gutsy play calling it just went down hill from there. Or maybe our wad Blaine checking out of the run and passing?

He is our best shot at some success this season! He’s a gamer and I am glad to have him!!! I had a former Cajun QB tell me “ This team wants to play for Nunez”!!!

Gotta get behind this kid!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information