Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Relish the Execution

1. UL Football Relish the Execution

All of that and they fell a few yards short of breaking the modern-day record of 70 points in a game.

For the record, the all-time record was 107 points against Patterson way back in 1918.

Wonder what that game looked like?

2. Default Re: Relish the Execution

Relishing the execution.

Cajuns at .500 its a whole new season.

3. Default Re: Relish the Execution

It was a pleasure to watch this offense operate.
    Excellent performance. Keep pushing guys.

Default Re: Relish the Execution

Not having Manac on the defensive side of the ball was obvious.
    Nice execution on the offensive side of the ball.
    Special Teams not special!!!

Upcoming games versus GSU, USA, & ulm are games that this team needs to find a way & win. (Troy is possible as well).

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It was a pleasure to watch this offense operate.
    Excellent performance. Keep pushing guys.
    A major reason the offense was able to be so effective was the limited no. of mistakes they made. Very few negative plays occurred allowing them to stay ahead of the chains. The only punt occurred after a false start penalty. If that continues, they will be successful going forward. They have to be in order to offset the defensive issues.

Obviously the offensive execution was excellent and was fun to watch. I really liked how UL spread the ball around and mixed up the run and pass. That said, those were two of the worst defenses I have ever seen. There is no reason to ever punt against either team. If you cannot get 10yards in four plays you are calling the wrong plays. I have no idea how many more games we can win with a defense this bad. Our offense could conceivably control the clock and limit possessions, but against better teams how will we stop them? The stats may not bear it out at the end of the season, but I think this is one of the 3 worst defenses we have had over the past 30 years.and that is saying something.
    To beat App St or Ark St I think we have to score in the upper 40's to win.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It's hard for me to rationalize the disparity in our offense and our defense. In consecutive years of recruiting slumps, I would think the offense would take a greater hit than the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin2112cajun View Post
    Upcoming games versus GSU, USA, & ulm are games that this team needs to find a way & win. (Troy is possible as well).
    Ark St at home is the one im looking at!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    It's hard for me to rationalize the disparity in our offense and our defense. In consecutive years of recruiting slumps, I would think the offense would take a greater hit than the defense.
    Agreed. It seems by just blind luck we could have 3 or 4 studs on defense. If you watch the defense you see they are mixing up calls and blitzing from different angles. The players just are not fast enough. To me Middleton and McDowell look like they have the speed to play their positions. I'm sure there are others, but those are the two that caught my eye.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Obviously the offensive execution was excellent and was fun to watch. I really liked how UL spread the ball around and mixed up the run and pass. That said, those were two of the worst defenses I have ever seen. There is no reason to ever punt against either team. If you cannot get 10yards in four plays you are calling the wrong plays. I have no idea how many more games we can win with a defense this bad. Our offense could conceivably control the clock and limit possessions, but against better teams how will we stop them? The stats my not bear it out at the end of the season, but I think this is one of the 3 worst defenses we have had over the past 30 years.and that is saying something.
    To beat App St or Ark St I think we have to score in the upper 40’s to win.
    From the standpoint of being a football fan, the game was gross. That’s not football.

But specific to just pure execution on offense, particularly the offensive line, it was fun to watch.

Anywhere we can watch a replay of game?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Anywhere we can watch a replay of game?
    ESPN+

Agreed. It seems by just blind luck we could have 3 or 4 studs on defense. If you watch the defense you see they are mixing up calls and blitzing from different angles. The players just are not fast enough. To me Middleton and McDowell look like they have the speed to play their positions. I'm sure there are others, but those are the two that caught my eye.
    When McCaskill and Hill get back to 100 percent the defense will be improved. They may need Manac back as well to be an effective group. Need for all those guys points to lack of depth. However Basin Bear is encouraged by the incremental progress he sees many of the young guys making.

There are more.some are very young and until the scheme is natural to them they will be a step slow in reaction time.some others are just not good enough

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information