Thread: Anna Petrakova credits UL for work ethic that led to international success

1. UL Basketball Anna Petrakova credits UL for work ethic that led to international success

She was in an unfamiliar country and spoke only halting English, what little she'd picked up from older sister Marina's two years of living and working in Baton Rouge. She'd already missed the first half of the 2001-02 basketball season.

When Anna Petrakova, her sister and women's coach Gay Nix walked into former academic coordinator Danny Cottonham's office before the 2002 spring semester, Cottonham was uncertain to say the least.

2. Default Re: Anna Petrakova credits UL for work ethic that led to international success

Congrats Amazonka

3. Default Re: Anna Petrakova credits UL for work ethic that led to international success

Dan and other Advertiser writers seem fixated with "then USL" even when its not the topic

You don't go to former Governor Kathleen Blanco's home town and see 'birthplace of then Kathleen Babineaux.'

Unless the then name is the main topic, the "Louisiana" name is grandfathered backwards.

jmo

Default Re: Anna Petrakova credits UL for work ethic that led to international success

I wonder if then-SID Dan McDonald at then-USL prefers writing for The Advertiser now rather than being a stringer for the then-Morning Advocate.

Default Re: Anna Petrakova credits UL for work ethic that led to international success

Anna is without a doubt one of the most accomplished athletes to ever play at UL. She was absolutely unstoppable in the paint at the collegiate level, and had a very successful professional carreer in Europe, along with a spot on the Russian Olympic team.

She also happens to be a very nice young woman, and a beautiful one.

This honor is well-deserved.

Now Brodhead needs to enlist her help in finding Russian girls with outstanding talent to come to UL.

UL Basketball Re: Anna Petrakova credits UL for work ethic that led to international success

I really LOVE me some Anna Petrakova! She was fun to talk with as I had a kid in 2 weeks of basketball camps and talked with her quite a bit each day. She was SWEET, funny, talented and YES "Beautiful"! Congratulations with her induction to the Louisiana Hall of Fame!

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/.er/1580142002/

odd, i dont see him saying "then-clark"?

the big lsu sign behind him is an interesting touch

9. Default Re: Anna Petrakova credits UL for work ethic that led to international success

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/.er/1580142002/

odd, i dont see him saying "then-clark"?
    Good catch on their nonsensical double standard.

Thread Information