Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G5: Louisiana 42 Texas St. 27

Default Re: Game On:Louisiana vs. Texas St.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....Saw the Blue Jays vs Curtis......Jesuit played tough and hard but didn't have enough athletes....the 2 DTs are very good for he Jays.....think everybody forgot how to stop the split back veer....difference in the game?,
    Curtis will probably win the Catholic League. I think Rummel can give them a game. Jesuit sustained several injuries against Curtis, but I think they will finish strong. The Rummel WR who everyone is after initially attended Jesuit. They would be a different team if they still had him.

2. Default Re: Game On:Louisiana vs. Texas St.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Curtis will probably win the Catholic League. I think Rummel can give them a game. Jesuit sustained several injuries against Curtis, but I think they will finish strong. The Rummel WR who everyone is after initially attended Jesuit. They would be a different team if they still had him.
    ......my old buddy and coaching buddy were in agreement that Curtis runs a 70s offense and the method of stopping it has been forgotten or at least never used the different options killed Jesuit as they killed the QB and in doing so, they had no inside out help.....many many afternoons teaching the hold and pursuit angle to defensive 9s!!!

3. Default Re: Game On:Louisiana vs. Texas St.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ......my old buddy and coaching buddy were in agreement that Curtis runs a 70s offense and the method of stopping it has been forgotten or at least never used the different options killed Jesuit as they killed the QB and in doing so, they had no inside out help.....many many afternoons teaching the hold and pursuit angle to defensive 9s!!!
    Turbine, you can have this one - high school football - people getting killed - playing with 9 - geometry - I'm completely lost.

4. Default Re: Game On:Louisiana vs. Texas St.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Turbine, you can have this one - high school football - people getting killed - playing with 9 - geometry - I'm completely lost.
    Boomer is just showing off.

We claim to decipher his code and he just shifts in a higher gear.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty neat. And the meltdown on their board was a fun read this morning. Seems like a great deal of them understand they have plateaued. Oh, and they really hate (for good reasons) their AD and to lesser extent their head coach.
    So great not to have to put up with hidden valley ranch and Blu ballls. In the embrace the suck thread one of their poster even admitted there were only 8k fans there and they can't do anything about it because they are so cash strapped. Hoping for many more years of mediocrity for them.

Default Re: G5 Final:Louisiana 42 Texas St. 27

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    That’s not true!
    Word is he had an injury and family issues. You saying that's BS?

We need to cool it with the Barnes stuff. If he has an injury, he has an injury. If it's personal, it's none of our dang business.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    So great not to have to put up with hidden valley ranch and Blu ballls. In the embrace the suck thread one of their poster even admitted there were only 8k fans there and they can't do anything about it because they are so cash strapped. Hoping for many more years of mediocrity for them.
    Don't know if it was the same thread, but I saw one of their posters lamenting their "declining academics" as well. They see it, they just don't mention it often.

Texas State is broken.

From one of their more knowledgeable posters on the SBC board...

What you are starting to see is the donors are leaving in droves. Over the past two years, the bobcat club (the arm of the department that collects donations for scholarships) has dropped 50%. For the first time, we have suites available, and champions level seating is also readily available (they are even offering partial season deals for championship level seating for the first time)
    People paying for Fire the AD banners to be flown over the stadium. People kicked out of our game last Saturday with Fire the AD signs.

Sad scene over here. A school with everything they need to be near the top of the G5 except the right people to run the place.

Sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Texas State is broken.

From one of their more knowledgeable posters on the SBC board...

People paying for Fire the AD banners to be flown over the stadium. People kicked out of our game last Saturday with Fire the AD signs.

Sad scene over here. A school with everything they need to be near the top of the G5 except the right people to run the place.

Sound familiar?
    Texas St and UL have two things working against them:
    1) The cities they reside in are too small with little corporate presence
    2) most importantly, they are 50 miles from college football national powers.

Both LSU and Texas siphon off donors, fan attendance and media coverage. If we were even 150 miles away it would be a huge bonus. It makes the job not impossible, but more difficult. That said, I think we have the administration in place to combat these issues. Looks like Texas St does not.

And UTSA 50 miles away and TXA&M 120 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Beyond the next game. Everybody hopes the kid from Rummel comes in and is the future, or that we get a high-level transfer, but the freshman may not be ready to go day one and who knows about transfers. Maybe there's an injury. Maybe Levi Lewis actually really grows and earns the starter job for 2019 and 2020. We're in the situation we're in because Hud rode Broadway until the wheels fell off and they never developed Nixon, Haack, or Davis, and by the time he was done here, he spent every week throwing Davis, Lewis, and Nunez at a wall to see if one would stick. There's at least some method to this particular madness.
    Fields will enroll in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    And UTSA 50 miles away and TXA&M 120 miles away.
    UTSA is a non-factor. It's base and appeal is San Antonio, period!
    UT and aTm have influence throughout the state/region. But both UTSA and Tx State have sufficient enrollment to sustain their sports. But neither has the history nor the invested alumni to sustain support when times are tough. TX State Students don't really go into the games (sound familiar?). They party outside the stadium then leave. As my wife and I walked to the stadium, far too many students were heading the opposite direction.
    Must have been a festival nearby. 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Fields will enroll in the spring.
    Coach Napier indicated that there may be some guys who will graduate from HS early and enroll in spring after they sign in December. Fields may be one of those. Of course he cannot publicly name a guy. Hope you are right with that prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    UTSA is a non-factor. It's base and appeal is San Antonio, period!
    UT and aTm have influence throughout the state/region. But both UTSA and Tx State have sufficient enrollment to sustain their sports. But neither has the history nor the invested alumni to sustain support when times are tough. TX State Students don't really go into the games (sound familiar?). They party outside the stadium then leave. As my wife and I walked to the stadium, far too many students were heading the opposite direction.
    Must have been a festival nearby. 🤪
    Yep, l noticed that at our game Sat. We walked thru the student tailgate area & saw a very Good turnout of students right before game time. However more were streaming toward their cars than toward Cajun Field. If most of those students tailgating would have gone to the game, we'd have had a full student section. We need to figure out how to get those students into the game.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information