Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G5: Louisiana 42 Texas St. 27

Default Re: G5 Final:Louisiana 42 Texas St. 27

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Where was Keenan Barnes? Are the zone read plays we run designed handoffs? Because if the QB kept 1 out of 7 they would all be big plays and make the d more honest.
    Tx St has a good band and a nice facility (other than the PA system). Their football team is painfully bad.
    He did not travel with the team, due to an injury.

Where was Keenan Barnes? Are the zone read plays we run designed handoffs? Because if the QB kept 1 out of 7 they would all be big plays and make the d more honest.
    Tx St has a good band and a nice facility (other than the PA system). Their football team is painfully bad.
    Agree about their facilities, and band was good. Their new video screens were very nice as well. They Invested well In the stadium. I suspect once our press box side is redone it will have a similar feel to what TX State has now.

Default Re: Game On:Louisiana vs. Texas St.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Fun with scores...

Coastal beat UAB by 23.

UAB beat latech tonight by 21.
    Yeah, that's pretty neat. And the meltdown on their board was a fun read this morning. Seems like a great deal of them understand they have plateaued. Oh, and they really hate (for good reasons) their AD and to lesser extent their head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Dude has been a _____ from day one. Will never forget that press conference after playing the Cajuns the first time when he said his team had no players and they needed to go find some. Now it’s his 3rd year, and his team isn’t a lick better. 5-23 and he talks to the media like he’s God’s gift to college football.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Dude has been a _____ from day one. Will never forget that press conference after playing the Cajuns the first time when he said his team had no players and they needed to go find some. Now it's his 3rd year, and his team isn't a lick better. 5-23 and he talks to the media like he's God's gift to college football.
    Well, he did take 100% responsibility for the loss. That coaching situation is hauntingly familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, he did take 100% responsibility for the loss. That coaching situation is hauntingly familiar.
    AHHH NOPE!! year 1 compared to year 3. Year 1 understandable, year 2 would wearing thin, year 3 not hearing it.

Not remotely familiar. No 9-4 seasons or inspired play like HUD or out of our guys.

That guy is a full on clown and The program is a dumpster fire. A shame with all those resources.

Not remotely familiar. No 9-4 seasons or inspired play like HUD or out of our guys.

That guy is a full on clown and The program is a dumpster fire. A shame with all those resources.
    Not Hud, toothpick years...6 wins in 3 years

My apologies. I misunderstood also

Ok I agree then. My bad

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    He did not travel with the team, due to an injury.
    That’s not true!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    That’s not true!
    Care to enlighten us?

14. Default Re: Game On:Louisiana vs. Texas St.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Saw Fields play last night. He is good. But guess what, he throws almost no passes in between the hash marks. He has an awesome young receiver on the outside that he likes to throw deep balls to. He could connected on some. It will be interesting to see if his athleticism translates to D1 football. He likes to identify his primary target and if not open he pulls it down and runs. Rummel runs the same offense as UL.
    ....Saw the Blue Jays vs Curtis......Jesuit played tough and hard but didn't have enough athletes....the 2 DTs are very good for he Jays.....think everybody forgot how to stop the split back veer....difference in the game?,

Default Re: Game On:Louisiana vs. Texas St.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This is why I pulled myself back and said we will see what happens in the spring. I still don't believe Lewis is an FBS QB, but Coach Napier may have seen enough from him now to think that he can coach him up to run his offense. While he played well last night, he was facing the worse defense in the SBC outside of UL and ULM.

After his scoring drive in the second half, I wish Coach Napier would have left him in for another series because the Texas State defense was keying so much on Mitchell and Ragas, there were opportunities for him to run the ball. I thought neither QB was great throwing the ball last night, Bradley was just such a mismatch against the shorter CB that covered him, he won jump balls several times.

Today I'm going to enjoy the win and try not think about our defense. Win and mover forward!
    And the funny part is that their pass defense seemed much better than ours. Bradley may have beaten their DB on a couple of plays but at least their DB was in position. In the second half, how many passes did their freshman QB complete in the middle of the field to a wide open receiver? I know we are not doing much better against the run since we are near dead last in run defense but when we hit the 3 game stretch after NMSU, we may give up 1,200 yards in those three games alone.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information